it been a while since i was last here...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hvymetalalchmst

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ahhh. the memories, lol

ill cut down to the chase.

as some of you will remember, i had a million problems with my 1/8 truggy about a year ago and got it fixed.

i havnt touched it throughout this year for non-stop studying. I've finally pulled it out again and blown the dust off. the mill runs, yay! it moves, yay! but i can't seem to tune it right.

the glowplug is somewhat black-ish (very slightly) on the end. I'm assuming the HSN is a little rich. and when it accelerates slowly, I'm not 100% but i think theres a bit more smoke than expected. when it accels fast, it just goes 'cough...gasp... wheeze' like a 90yo grandma going for a 50mi marathon (i think it needs more fuel... desperate for air means it stutters right?). but it starts fantastic. and sometimes, if i manage to get to around half throttle, the thing instantly becomes too rich (i think a combo of both needles). temps are ~216F

and when i get accel right, as soon as i drop the throttle suddenly back to idle, theres some instant loading. and tinkering with usually doesn't go too well - usually to do with the accelerating HSN or LSN

i think the main problem is HSN is waaay too rich, need to bring that down. but temps are about right, no? or maybe i should get a hotter plug? or new fuel? (I've had this fuel since i was last here. but it was stored in a cool, dry, light-free environment throughout the year). i want to try everything tuning before i hit the shops.

since I'm a complete amateur at this stuff, ill leave it to you guys to tell me whats the problem instead of speculating

ps. any troubleshooting tuning vids out there? i can only find tuning vids, but not ts tuning vids

there is a tuning flow chart somewhere around here... i would try some new fuel to. did you clean out the mill before you stored it? the carb may be gummed up.

yeah, I'm well aware of the tuning flow chart. the whole rig was in perfect condition before i stored it; clean mill, clean carb, empty and clean tank, aro in mill and carb, etc.

i know fuel and gp are pretty obvious contenders, but from reading some more last night, it sounds like my settings may be right off (but coincidently in working harmony); my HSN affects idle, whereas my LSN doesn't.

weathers predicted to be wet for the week... so ill tinker some more with the needles before i hit the shops prob next week.

wait... i think it might be a plug problem. ill get back in a few days... its absolutely pouring down cats and dogs down here!

Back