Islandlife’s sct410 2.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandlife

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I've made some posts in the “tekno sct410 2.0” thread about building this kit, but i thought i would start a dedicated thread.

I jumped on pre-ordering this kit when the announced it, as i was already looking for a used sct410.3 or SL.
I like to do most of my rc wrenching with my 4 year old “helping”, and we had a lot of fun building an axial capra kit, so a new sct that comes in kit form sounded like a good project for us!
Unfortunately i did not take a ton of pics through the build, but ill update this thread moving forward with any changes or upgrades.
We are almost done the build at this point, just have to shorten the motor leads and change the esc plug to ec5. (140a HW max10 esc comes with a xt60?? Seems to small to me).
Was planning on using some tires/wheels and servo that i had on hand, but the +3 wheels for my AE pro4 rub slightly on the body and the servo i was planning on was too tall to fit without spacers. So i broke down and bought new stuff.

Heres the build as it sits today:

-Tekno sct410 2.0 kit
-Hobbywing 140a max10 G2 sensored esc
-Hobbywing 3665 3200kv g3 sensored motor
-Apex RC 17-20t mod1 pinions (18t installed)
-Tekin T250 servo (in the mail)
-Tekno short course wheels (in the mail)
-Jconcepts chopper tires (in the mail)
-Proline Flotek fusion body
-Scorched RC inner fenders (for arrma senton, cut to fit)
-Flysky gt5 radio and reciever
-CNHL 5600mah 2s batteries

More pics to come shortly

IMG_2764.jpeg

IMG_2765.jpeg

IMG_2772.jpeg

IMG_2779.jpeg

IMG_2800.jpeg

IMG_2799.jpeg

Last edited:
Body painted, the pink is actually suposed to be flo-purple, probably should have backed it with blue before the white, but what are ya gonna do!
I'm not really that pumped with the style of this body, but its the only one my LHS had in stock at the time.
Also, the sct410 2.0 has a 12.9” wheelbase. Seems most shortcourse bodies are meant for a 12.7” wb. Not a big deal, but didnt even think of that before i bought the body.

IMG_2802.jpeg

IMG_2803.jpeg

IMG_2801.jpeg

Nice job on the paint, my sct410.3 just arrived yesterday with that same body, it’s all busted up but the truck is in very good shape And hardly used. The body seems super thin so be aware it’s delicate! I like the fender wells, that’s a good idea to keep debris out. I was considering getting a buggy body for that purpose.

4 wheel sct is more fun than 2 wheel, change my mind
My uncle had the og SCTE and SCTE 2.0. wish he didn't get rid of them. Back then when he did I was little and new nothing about RC. Lol.
I been looking at SCTE rollers / sliders on eBay, most are pretty average price and need clean up but you can't find replacement parts anymore.
I been thinking about RTR like slash 4x4, associated pro4 sct, arrma senton, ect. But I want something more race-able and durable. I guess you get what you pay for. I had my slash 2wd for 8 years now. First hobby grade rc. First real RC.

Last edited:
Expensive
And I would probably have to sell a car or 2.
I had to sell my senton to justify for sure. Probably going to sell my granite as well to fund the build.
My uncle had the og SCTE and SCTE 2.0. wish he didn't get rid of them. Back then when he did I was little and new nothing about RC. Lol.
I been looking at SCTE rollers / sliders on eBay, most are pretty average price and need clean up but you can't find replacement parts anymore.
I been thinking about RTR like slash 4x4, associated pro4 sct, arrma senton, ect. But I want something more race-able and durable. I guess you get what you pay for. I had my slash 2wd for 8 years now. First hobby grade rc. First real RC.
I also have a associated pro4, it has been a very durable truck overall. Lightweight, tunable. Highly recommended for a bit more of a budget friendly truck!

I have a tlr ten scte 3.0 4x4 slider for sale if you’re interested

Nice kit.
If you ever decide you want to burl it out Allracing makes M2C style upgrades for the EB48 2.0, same chassis and gearboxes your running.

Let us know how those scorched fenders work out.😉

This thing looks great, and +1 for having the four-year-old help you with the build. Some of my favorite parenting moments this year have happened while spinning wrenches on the cars… you just can’t beat it.

Paint job looks really nice, too. Solid all the way around.

Sweetness! I'm all excited for you when you open that thing up in the elements. :cool:👍

By chance you got a link for the switch mount, or care to share STL file?

Let us know how those scorched fenders work out.😉
They worked great on my senton!
Sweetness! I'm all excited for you when you open that thing up in the elements. :cool:👍

I just designed it myself. Pm me your email and i can send you the stl for sure

STL sent