Is this required?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexander_0_1

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads"
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I have now added a couple HS-7950TG to the arsenal....not that I needed two. I bought one for a bud and he backed-out after I made the order. Tower can be a real pain to get an order changed.

Back to my question: do I need to order this.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&P=8&I=LXWCE9

I plan on ordering myself a 4PX before too long,and was wondering is any if it's feature look similar to you guys.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/systems/futk4905-4px/overview.html

Now that I've broached the subject on radios. If I get impatient and wanna run my wraith, before I get around to ordering a 4PX, can I calibrate an RX8 to a standard AX3 transmitter.

Are you sure you didnt mean a couple of Hitec HS-7955TGs?

I'm quite sure that you dont need a servo programmer but it may be a nice feature. Not really sure, I've never used one. id be curious to know exactly what it does and if its worth spending $50 on

The only people that need a 4PX are pro racers...Save yourself a ton of money and get a 4PLS IMO :)

You should be able to calibrate an RX8 with any radio

I see absolutely no benefit in the field programmer. You can do any of that with a computer radio.

FEATURES
  • Programs Hitec programmable digital servos directly from a PC or in the field
  • Programmable parameters include;
  • Servo Manual and Auto Test
  • Dead Band Width Speed (reduce)
  • Direction (CW/CCW) Fail Safe Position
  • Fail Safe On/Off End Points
  • Tests and cycles all manufacturers' servos
  • Free downloadable software
  • USB PC connection

Thanks guys, I appreciate you guys looking out, and helping me save $50.

Back