Is this okay ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superticky

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I was wondering if this is okay or if there is something loose I need to tight, or maybe something with the servo saver ?

This is me moving gently with my finger one of the wheels. Thank you !

what model? some are known for having some slop, that is quite a bit though. id follow the linkage back as far as stuff is moving and try to pin down where the slop is coming from.

rc10s usually have really tight steering, id backtrace the slop. let us know what you find!

When's the last time you replaced the ball ends? My jato has pretty tight geometry, but almost any slop in the ball ends affects it in a big way.

That is quite normal amount of slop with the stock bellcrank. If you want to reduce a bunch of it (slop) you'll need the Factory Team steering rack and bearings. You'll still have slop, just less of it.

I've been running the T4.3 for two years now, and the slop in the steering started after I had put about 30 packs through the truck. The amount of vertical/horizontal movement in the steering linkage seems to have plateaued. I just throw the truck down on the track and let 'er rip.

Last edited: