Is there a larger fuel tank for the NTC3?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danketchpel

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm looking to drop in a 125cc tank in my NTC3. The puny 75cc tank just doesn't have enough run time. I know it's probably there to meet racing specs, but I'm not racing and hate filling up every 10 minutes.

You can do the fuel tank mod. I'll try to find the picture for it.

Edit:
2150dual_tank_back.JPG

This is robmob's Savage. He did a double fuel tank mod on his. All you need is a spare fuel tank and some double sided mounting tape, and some space on the car.

Last edited:
I do think I'll take a look at that Savage tank as it looks like close to right shape. I need a tank that is taller than the stock tank but without much of a step to the right or left if you know what I mean.

The other tanks I have for my Inferno are too long.

Yeah you could probably mount just about any tank as long as its not too big. The savage one isn't real big because its not to double the fuel capacity. However i'm not 100% sure its 125cc's. You could do what Rolex did and just run one into the other. That is to run the exhaust to the first tank like normal, but instead of running the fuel outlet on the first tank to the carb, you run it to the exhaust inlet on the 2nd tank. Then from the fuel outlet on the 2nd tank to the carb. Its like pushing fuel from the 1st to the 2nd and then out to the carb. Does that make any sense?

Ya I makes sense but it's surely the complicated way to go.

I'll see what I can scrounge up, I'm sure I can find something that will solve the problem. What surprises me is that nobody else has solved it. I guess the racing limitation on fuel tank capacity has stunted the effort?

Team Associated made a 125cc tank for the NTC3.

Do you have a part# or reference?

I called AE and asked their tech dept. and was told they didn't have anything larger than the stock tank for the NTC3.

I have searched their website and haven't found anything. Maybe a 125cc tank from one of their buggies might fit???

I found this 125cc tank from Cen that is the correct width but too long to work with the stock pull starter. If I loose the PS I'm good to go. I see AE sells a non-pull start backplate for ~$9 so that should solve that problem. I just need to get a bump box which I need anyway since I've been bumming off my friend's box.

Back