Is there a car faster than a nitro 4 tec by traxxas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There both pretty scetchy unless you have a perfect racing environment. smooth parking lot, no sand or cracks LOL
Knowing how to drive em is a big help too. Your first 80mph crash is usualy your last LOL

My buddy had a big Block HPI RS4 super nitro. Was radar gun tested at 113MPH!! I had a video of it at one time. If I can find it I will post it. He only got run it like 4 or 5 times. Last time he was going for a top speed it hit 113 MPH before something broke in front wheel assembly, car was left scattered every where.:(

High Speed Low Drag:whhooo:

my hobby shop says that the Traxxas X-01. costs about $1,000. and traxxas say it is only for experts. and is locked at 50 mph. you have to down load software to unlock the top speed.

Id look at getting a Mugen Seiki MRX5 1/8 Scale Nitro On-Road Kit and dropping a Novarossi engine in it thats been modded by Robin over at Extreme RC Mods and get one of his pipes to boot. If not that kit then I would get one of the kits listed on THIS page. and again doing the same type of thing with the engine and the pipe.

If you want even more speed Id look into an electric version of those and running a MMM with a Castle 2200kv on 6S in it.

Back