Is it ok to break in engine over a few days?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bash_N_Thrash

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just got my OS .15 CV-X and was worried about the time to get through the break-in process. In the manual it doesn't say anything about cooling between tanks but in this article I read it says to let the engine cool http://www.rc411.com/index2.html. Either way I will have a hard time getting the time to break in the engine in one outing, so I want to know if its ok to do over multiple days. Thanks in advance for replying.

I broke in my 12cvrx over 2 days. Don't see what it could hurt breaking it in over a coupel of days

No problem at all - just write down your steps so you dont forget ;)

yup its fine, i broke my cvx in over 3 days

Here's a really good time for break-ins that I use as well as for dialing stuff in, 3 - 5 am in a deserted store parling lot, lit of course. Yes, it's fine to make the break in period over a few days. My .21 used nearly a half a gallon of fuel for the break in.

I've had 3 engines in my T and never have I gotten them broken in, in a single day. I do know it's important to let the engine cool between tanks. Breaking in an engine is all about heat cycles and getting everything to seat together.

Originally posted by HugeGuy
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll
squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out"?
I think that person knew a little more about the birds & the bees than you do.

I have broken in my engine over three days and when I called Customer service, Chris? said he did the same. I have the new maxx w/ 2.5

I have broken both of my engines in in one day. Just have to wait about 15 min for it to cool down.

Back