Is it cause its cheap!?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farm boy 530

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well I got my Forza .18 broke in last week and today took about an hour to get the throttle linkage and idle screw balanced for a perfect idle :D . I decided I'd do some minor tuning (minor being I don't have a temp gun so didn't want to go to lean). After about a tank I brought the car back and realized the pull start had literally fallen off... Not off and on the ground, but all 4 screws came out. LAME am I ever going to get to REALLY drive this car???

I will usually go 3-5 full tanks and then go thru the entire truck to ensure nothing has vibrated loose reapplying threadlock as required. Sucks when you lose parts but it sounds like you got lucky enough and maybe only lost a couple screws.

Always do a full once over then regularly check screws. This can be done visually for the most part once you've done it enough times to know your car. I ran my new Losi a dozen times and got lazy when I ran to the track one weekend. After a few packs I was barreling down a straight away when a screw holding the rear turnbuckle on came out. No real damage but it flew off the track, took out a section of fencing, and left me looking dumb founded trying to figure out wtf just happened.
ae6edb75-fb7d-68ef.jpg

ae6edb75-fb93-e732.jpg

Lesson learned.

I did get lucky I think, worken on getting new screws as we speak! Any other screws I need to check that are normal "problem screws"? Were talking real new, maybe an hour run time(including breaking in)! Didn't think it'd be a problem yet! Opps.... I want to seal my engine too. What do you guys recommend as a sealant? Something I can get at the hardware store? I don't have a hobby store really close.. And I don't mind the pull start as long as it stays on Jeabajuice97! And ChiefGeek, mine wasn't that bad! just in my driveway! That makes a great story though! Good pics too! thanks guys for all the, Ugghh.. Support!

Every car is different. Once you ID the trouble makers you can use blue locktite to keep them in. For me its the screws that go into the bottom of the chassis and into the bulkheads. Also some of the suspension screws.

Oh and I like copper rtv silicon sealant. You can get it at any hardware store and even Walmart.

Yeah when ever you get a new vehicle or even had it for awhile its always good to re seal everything after awhile since usually orings and other gaskets or things that keep the engine all sealed can wear out. i believe when buying a kit one think on your list should be lock tight haha.

Thanks guys for the help! ChiefGeek very informative so far, Thank You! And I think I get it, CHECK EVERYTHING ALWAYS. Why the f not? Some screws are harder to get to then others but I think I'll get it! Every one has made this hobby so much fun! Thanks again

+2 on the copper RTV silicone. What ever type you use make sure it's high temp! I strip my truck after every few runs to clean it. It's also a great time to do a once over and tighten what needs tightening. After you learn your rc and all the prevenitive maintenance youll have little to no down time. Unless you crash! It's happened to me twice and that's the only time I've been down since I've learned all I could from this site.

if you want like a super seal for high temps that will never come off the black RTV is crazy... its just when you disassemble it you will have a hard ass time taking it off.. I've never used it on my nitro engine but i know when i used it when building my real engine for my car that stuff was like welding the parts together lol.

Yes the black does work well, and yes it is a PITA to clean up and remove. I use it occasionally, just can't be too liberal with it.

I think I'll look for the copper since everyone seems to love it! Thanks guys, what a great place. Oh and I guess my car falls under warranty so they're shipping me the screws free of charge. Saves be a $1.50 haha. I did find 2 of em in my driveway though, search for over and hour and couldn't find the other two....lame...gravel....

Take two speaker magnets. Attach to a piece of metal brace bar side by side. Tie a 3' piece of rope to it. Walk your driveway slowly swinging it side to side. You'll be amazed to what you find. I made one when doing my roof to find all the roofing nails that went in yard and drive way. Still use it to sweep yard with occasionally to make sure kids dont find anything sharp the hard way.

My old man has a large magnet on a stick that I was looking to borrow but couldn't get a hold of it..I was trying to figure out what to use and never thought of an old speaker! I think I have one or two laying around! Thanks again chiefGreek, very helpful!

Ok, so I used the speaker about a week and a half ago and did find one more bolt! I still was missing one though.. The company took 2 fricken weeks to send me the replacement bolts (I think they were eating up the rest of my warranty time) but also sent me a replacement pull start. Could there have been any damage to my pull start itself? Or were they just confused of what I was asking them for? should I just use my old one? I'm going to seal my engine tomorrow and I suppose I'll look at it all then.

If old isnt broken just use it, you'll break it eventually and need the new one.

Take two speaker magnets. Attach to a piece of metal brace bar side by side. Tie a 3' piece of rope to it. Walk your driveway slowly swinging it side to side. You'll be amazed to what you find. I made one when doing my roof to find all the roofing nails that went in yard and drive way. Still use it to sweep yard with occasionally to make sure kids dont find anything sharp the hard way.

that is a brilliant idea! I'm going to make one immediatly! i get right depressed when i find something hanging on my rc car with a missing screw and no idea of when it came loose! a needle in a haystack and those screws m3 x70mm arn't easy to come by. all the hardware shops stop at 60mm:angry:
cheers for the idea:)

Back