Is it bad to out away LiPo's for awhile?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodgamer

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I got two lipo cars and broke one I want to get back into nitro so i'm shelving the LiPo, and they are mostly charged is it ok to store them?
Thanks

you need to charge them on storage charge with your charger, and even then, they should be cycled every month or so, at least thats how i do it. Someone may do it different......

Ok, there are going to be there for a month at most I only have two LiPo's too. So there is not going to be 10 different batteries. Also what is storage charge?

If you have a smart charger, there should be a setting on it for storage charging.

I have a Onyx 245 it has balancing but I do not know about storage charge. I looked it up on google and did not see anything.

If it doesn't have storage setting, you can either discharge on charger till about 3.85V per cell, Or run down on car till you think low level is reached, then charge up to 3.85V.
Then store the lipos in the lipo sack in a cool dry place.

Your owner's manual should have a section about storage charging. I know they don't have an actual setting, but they do tell you how to do it (my 235 does).

I got two lipo cars and broke one I want to get back into nitro so i'm shelving the LiPo, and they are mostly charged is it ok to store them?
Thanks

My Friend has a lot of lipo batteries & I think thay need to be storage charged like one a week. but other than that not really sure. I am a NITRO Guy myself