Introducing the Car Jacker 2000 😁

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happens if you move the object when it's well into the print?
It will try to print layers on top of it. Sometimes when stuff goes wrong with a printer, you get what's called layer shift. Or if your part moves while printing, you get the same effect. Like this...
layer-shifting-1024x1024-1-1024x1024.jpg

Or this
mFZ3f.jpg

Got the top plate assembly together. Here's a little vid with the Ryft sitting on it. The Ryft has a huge wheelbase of 15-1/4" according to the specs on Tower Hobbies, but mine measures a bit over that, which stretches the Car Jacker to its limits. Might need to make some adjustments 😉

Anywhere, here's the vid

Lookin' good. How long before the chinese knockoffs arrive? 🤔
The thumb screws that tighten the arms down are in NY. The rest of the hardware has made it to the airport in China and it just says "shipping label created, USPS awaiting item" on USPS tracking site. So no idea where that one is. On aliexpress it just says "leaving" since the 20th. I assume it is in customs in Chicago.

That is really nice looking.

3D printing is a love/hate thing for me sometimes. There are times when I just have to walk away for a while when something goes sideways. Walk away from a 5 hour print and 10 minutes later you have spaghetti everywhere. LOL.

That is really nice looking.

3D printing is a love/hate thing for me sometimes. There are times when I just have to walk away for a while when something goes sideways. Walk away from a 5 hour print and 10 minutes later you have spaghetti everywhere. LOL.
I have been dealing with issue after issue with this printer. It has some miles on it though. But as soon as I solve one problem, another one pops up. This has been going on for the last few months now, and if it continues much further I will have to name it something besides a Creality because I have replaced most of it with upgrades.

Yeah, it is going pretty good now. Still waiting on the darn hardware to make its way here on the slow boat.

- Definitely add an light or two or three. There is never enough light.
- Add a magnifying lens for us old guys.
- It would be awesome if there was a way to allow roll the car and work underneath like this.
1666850310032.png

- Definitely add an light or two or three. There is never enough light.
- Add a magnifying lens for us old guys.
- It would be awesome if there was a way to allow roll the car and work underneath like this.
View attachment 154817
Like my Jato rotisserie 😜
20210908_185013.jpg

20210908_184937.jpg

That would definitely be awesome, but totally impractical to try to design something like that to 3d print, is durable, that fits any RC, and is affordable. But yeah, my Jato stand is just the coolest car stand ever. I was thinking of modding it for other RC's.

Like my Jato rotisserie 😜
View attachment 154818
View attachment 154819

That would definitely be awesome, but totally impractical to try to design something like that to 3d print, is durable, that fits any RC, and is affordable. But yeah, my Jato stand is just the coolest car stand ever. I was thinking of modding it for other RC's.
He means my jato car stand. I just havent snuck over there and stolen it yet 🤣

I wouldn't stop you from taking it to be honest. It needs a loving home, but it is just one of those "on the back burner" kits that I want to get to rebuilding some day. I have all the parts, but lack the nitro know-how to be honest. I know I could tear it down and rebuild it. But living in an apartment kinda makes that a messy thing to do.

Hey take the car with it and Ill wire some for it. 😁😂🤣

Looking good fellas. can't wait to see a final product.

Hey take the car with it and Ill wire some for it. 😁😂🤣

Looking good fellas. can't wait to see a final product.
It will be pretty cool when all the hardware is on it. One little letdown is getting the top rails on and off is a bit fiddly. But that might not be something you have to do very often I guess. But once I have the thumb screws instead of the m3 buttonheads I am using, it should be easier. Another issue is the lazy susan has a little play in it, so it wobbles a bit. But a hammer should toghten that up just fine 😜

Back