Integy piggybacks or traxxas bb shocks?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrostoned

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I want to know witch is a better choice for my maxx. I was convinced that the bb's are the way to go but the guys at the lhs's all say the integy's are better. I just want to know whats better for a basher.

The guys at your LHS like your money. Although, why they think selling someone a piece of crap while telling them it isn't is beyond my why they think you will be back to buy anything else.

Traxxas BB's are the best you can get for a maxx these days.

OLDS! You made my day, that is what i wanted to hear! I had went with my gut at the store and ordered the bb's. I am glad I got the better of the two.

Yup +1 on the Traxxas Big bores real good shock for the money. Integy shocks are just as good as the rest of their stuff.....garbage. I hate to think the LHS guys were purposely steering you the wrong way.

I wouldn't give them anymore money. They are either newbies, don't drive their vehicles hard at all or straight up tried to rip you off. I've had a set of big bores for 10 years. Good investment.

Matt, All the hobby shops near my old city are very friendly and truthful with whats junk and not. But in the new city I live in the guy that works at the shop is right on top of you like he is thinking you are going to steal something. When you ask for a part he treats you like you are stupid and he will LIE straight up to me. The only other store is the one that sells duratrax glowplugs for $13.00 ... I dont think so!!!

Integy? No, no, no, no, NO!

They make a pretty decent 55T brushed crawler motor and a good 3 shoe clutch.
EVERYTHING ELSE is brittle bling.

Now that you know you can't trust the guys at your LHS, check with us before you go there to buy something.

Integy? No, no, no, no, NO!

They make a pretty decent 55T brushed crawler motor and a good 3 shoe clutch.
EVERYTHING ELSE is brittle bling.

Now that you know you can't trust the guys at your LHS, check with us before you go there to buy something.

You can add their roll cages to the list of decent stuff too. I've beat the hell out of mine for two months, and it's holding up fine.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Traxxas BB shocks and nothing but poop about the Integy Piggybacks....I just ordered my a set, along with alot of other goodies, they should be here tomorrow!

Sounds to me like the "guy that works at the shop" needs to find another job. If he's not managment, make a complaint on him or just flat out tell him to back off. Well thats my 2 cents anyways.

I have to disagree, I have the Integy mr5 piggy backs om my tmaxx, They blew the seals once and have been bullet proof since, I BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THEM!! my highest jumps gota be 30+ feet and they still work, another good shock is the unlimited engenering shocks, or the proline (still make um?) just my 2cents

30ft up is pretty high, i would like to see that to. we flew a buggy 68ft ramp to landing. that was impessive.

OHHHHHHHHHHH REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! unlike most of the chumps on the net with a sad song and dance, I can and will back it up. I have no vids of the truck, come this spring YOU GOT IT!!!!!!! I already jumped my 2 storie house with it

OHHHHHHHHHHH REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! unlike most of the chumps on the net with a sad song and dance, I can and will back it up. I have no vids of the truck, come this spring YOU GOT IT!!!!!!! I already jumped my 2 storie house with it
I am ready to see the video of this.....they will be the FIRST Integy shocks that are worth a crap.

[SIGN]No BS Beyond This Point.[/SIGN]

Well until you can, nobody wants to hear it. :D

I say Proline Power Stroke shocks their great to just like the big bored but i have more to adjust with the power strokes

With that name, powerstroke shouldn't be in your vocabulary ^, they are expensive....last I knew.

I wouldn't use a set of free integarbage shocks.

Paul you shouldn't TOOT your horn if you can't back it up.

Stoner you may want to use your stock springs on them big bores. The bb springs I got were disappointing, to say the least. The shocks, awesome.

Ebay i got a set for front and rear slash 4x4 power stroke shocks for 80 shipped

Lol i have a set of integy piggybacks on my stampede and i ripped the metal shaft of the end of the shock where the screw goes thru at yhe bottom, they look neat tho guys at the track always ask me how they work and i giggle and say they dont work i just use these cuz my stock shocks got bent in the front...