Impact Drill Train Horn Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That will wake up the sleeping commuter!

Reminds of one of my friends. The horn was broken in his car, so he carried one of those air can horns.
1689458703621.png

One day I'm following him back to his place, and some one did something stupid. My buddy pulls up to the light, yells and the guy. Sticks the air horn out the passenger window and blasts him. That guy was just completely stuck like a dear in the headlights. It was freaking hilarious... Maybe a bit illegal too, but still funny as hell.

My personal idea of commuting fun would be to add a Battlebot style flipper to the front of my truck, that should clear out some traffic. Or maybe a flame thrower to melt the giant plastic wing on the boy racers weaving through traffic. But I'm just a little messed up so don't do that.

211438-bronco-flipping-blacksmith_061716.gif

Absolutely the best tool I never knew I needed.

I have been needing a Dremel anyway, I've gotten away with using a multi tool and my angle grinder for things I need, but that is irresponsible in an apartment, ill admit. 🤣
Sure, I have a few fire extinguishers, but it would be cool to get the deposit back.

Thank you for the inspiration! I'll definitely report back with my Bosch train horn 🤙

Seems like Ryobi or Makita is the way to go. Lol

Proving to be a bit difficult lol.
Had cut the wrong wire on the Ridgid, can't get anything going there.

Had a old Bosch, got the compressor connected, and it worked, but maybe I had it backwards, because it worked for a few short bursts and then quit. Thought I maybe killed the compressor, so I tried with a different one, and nothing. So I think I fried something on the drill, but I don't know enough to say what lol.

I have one more donor drill, but wtf?

Also was wary of the 18v-12v, but it seems like everyone else is doing it, so idk!!

Every time I say "this will be easy!" 🤣
It's usually not the case lol.

Dang @RonP90 , I’m sorry you’re having such a difficult time. 🙁 Wish I was there to help figure it out. The one thing I probably forgot to mention is to remove or lock the forward/reverse switch so it doesn’t push reverse polarity thru the compressor. Hopefully you did burn it up by doing so.
I almost forgot to do so when building mine.
Third times a charm, right?! 🤞🤞

I’m gonna make another one. If yours doesn’t pan out this time I’ll send ya one of mine. 🤙

Last edited:
That would be awesome, I'll probably try again. Just have a lot of other stuff going on. But I also may just put it in my next vehicle 🤣my car got T-boned a couple weeks ago, so it shouldn't be too long. Hopefully

That would be awesome, I'll probably try again. Just have a lot of other stuff going on. But I also may just put it in my next vehicle 🤣my car got T-boned a couple weeks ago, so it shouldn't be too long. Hopefully
Ouch! That sucks.

I came across something similar last year. I want to build one out of an older working tool... I can find a used ryobi on offerup. I just have not pulled the trigger for it yet... eventually though....

Back