I'm having receiver/servo issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro nut

RC Newbie
Reaction score
first off its a team associated mgt 8.0 Monster truck. I just bought it used and when you turn it on the servos twitch that's all it will do. You can easily move them by hand and they do not return to original position. The transmitter does not effect it at all. By the way I'm new to rc's this is my 2nd one my other one is a redcat earthquake 3.5 any help will be greatly appreciate.

Sounds like your batteries are dead :)

That's what I thought I put new in and still the same.

Ok thanks I just found out that all the connectors are the same on my redcat so I plugged the stering in to the redcat reciver and it works fine so I don't think its the servos I will try the redcat power cord now.

if your tx and rx battery packs are good and charged and all the servos are doing it Id say theres a good chance its the rx. See if you can hook your redcat rx/tx up to it just for testing purposes and see if the servos work properly then.

I just plugged the redcat reciver power cord in to the reciver and it does the same thing. So Mabie a bad reciver???

Greywolf what is a rx/tx sorry I'm new to this lol

I just plugged the redcat reciver power cord in to the reciver and it does the same thing. So Mabie a bad reciver???

Greywolf what is a rx/tx sorry I'm new to this lol
Tx and Rx stand for "transmit and receive" (somehow) and you did a good job narrowing down the problem, so now you know your receiver may be faulty :)

Thanks for the help guys!!! What is a good transmiter/reciver to get I already have $100 in it so I don't want to spend to much but I definitely want a good one that will last any recommendations?

Thanks for the help guys!!! What is a good transmiter/reciver to get I already have $100 in it so I don't want to spend to much but I definitely want a good one that will last any recommendations?
Spektrum are always good, if not, go with stock 2.4ghz- or something of a reputable car like a hyper 7 :)

I just thought of something could it be the crystal? I'm not sure what it does but its in the reciver so I thought I would ask lol

Yes its a team associated xp3 (stock) 2.4ghz transmiter and reciver

You'll be seeing abbreviations regularly. Tx, Transmitter or radio, Rx, Receiver. LSN, Low Speed Needle, HSN, High Speed Needle.
You shouldn't have a crystal in the Rx if it's a 2.4 system. Someone may have switched it and now it's totally incompatible with your radio. You need to use the Rx that's made for your Tx.

I was wrong it says bec 27 MHz on the reciver sorry about that

Rolex, think your right

It says monster gt on the transmiter and this is a monster mgt

The transmiter and reciver have matching numbers so do you think it could work with a new crystal?

Last edited:

Rolex, think your right

The transmiter and reciver have matching numbers so do you think it could work with a new crystal?
According to that post, he has a crystal in the receiver.
I think he edited it, Or I'm just too AWESOME to read it properly...

Rolex, think your right

Maybe, yes- they're only cheap so it's worth a shot.

Should the transmiter havo one to? Or just the reciver?

You need to find out what you have. 27 Mhz is an FM frequency, not compatible with 2.4 Ghz.
2.4 Tx and Rx do not use crystals and have short antennas. How about some pics of both units to help us?

Back