I'm finally a Jeep owner!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just stretched the wheelbase on my SCX10 with some delrin links (thanks SNG!) so it would fit my new Jeep body. I still have to move the rear shock mounts and install longer drive shafts before it's running but heres a mock up pic for now.

JeepJK.gif

For those that want to extend the wheelbase on a truck that uses a three link like the axial you going to want to switch to a true four link set up. The longer the upper links get the wider they open up...this has caused my rear axle to shift over a little and will not run true as is So now I'm off to make a new upper link mount.

Congrats on the new rig! I really like these jk's with 1.9 rok lox. You gonna do any tube work on her?

Congrats on the new rig! I really like these jk's with 1.9 rok lox. You gonna do any tube work on her?

Thanks bro! I almost regret selling my 1.9 Rok Lox but the swampers will do for now. I'm not sure about the tube work, it's not a popular thing on 1:1's in this area so I never really got into it.

Have fun taking those stickers off :hehe: that was the biggest pain in the ass for me on mine, even with goo gone.

Sounds like fun, I can't wait :\

I was moving all my body shells a couple of days ago and came across mine. I don't recall having a problem with the sticker removal. I use Testor's air brush cleaner to remove sticker goo.
I had fully detailed the interior and it got put aside for another project. Now, after looking at it again I've decided it needs a REAL Jeep paint job, rather than what's on it now. Then it will become a crawler rig.
Ooh! Ooh! Mud, muck, dirt and water! Even scratches! I see it in my future. :hehe:

I think this was the Walmart on-line Christmas special in 2008. $25 for the thing. Of course, after throwing out the chassis, electrics and electronics that came with it, you had a great lid with a scale interior. Still a good price.

Yep, they were $60 at the time I bought my first one, then at Christmas they were $20 with 97 cent shipping via ups from walmart online! But now, you see them, just the lid, go for $100!!!

Nice! You guys have me really wanting a scaler!

Easy sticker removal: Use Ronsol Lighter Fluid or any like oil based fluid for wick type lighters such as the Zippo. Best sticky stuff remover ever!

i'd just soak it in like dawn liquid soap and water for a night or so.......

I must be lucky because the stickers came off very easy and left very little glue behind. Even the letters on the windshield were off in a matter of minutes!

I really have always liked the JK Wranglers. That's gonna be sweet looking rig when you're finished.

Sweet another cool scale build, Should be cool when its all done...

I have a long shaft now!!!

Mylongshaft.gif

lol, thats a pretty long shaft. any wobble to it? the u-joints on mine were so freakin big, the actual shaft itself is only about 3/4" long. lol

Did you leave any room in the shaft for movement?

No wobble. It has about a 1/2 inch of spline showing towards the tranny so my long shaft has enough romm to slide in and out.

I got it mounted and took it on it's first run today, it took damage to the drivers side mirror in the first minute LOL

trailjeep.gif

jk222.gif

jeepjeep.gif

trailjk.gif

That looks great in the dirt. A Jeep ought to have some trail dust on it. It shouldn't be waxed hourly and left on a shelf.

Back