I'm dumb.

• Thread starter alpinehyperlite
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinehyperlite

Original RCNT Nutswinger
Supporter
Police
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
K. Now that that is out in the open, i have a question. I've never heard of Crawlers untill i joined this site, and now everyone is either talking about them or getting one. How do they work? like my main question is y do you need a 4 channel radio and reciever? Pardon my stupidity, but i had to ask.

You need at least 3. One for the motor/throttle servo, two for steering (one for the front and back).

Yeap the channels are for front and rear steering, and some people get front and rear dig, which is where you can control the drive of each axle independently. For example, you can lock the rear but drive the front wheels to help crawl up and over stuff, things like that. Crawlers have only been available if you built them yourself from different RC parts and homebuilt parts for years, but hust in the past year they have been coming out with crawler kits designed specifically to crawl, as well as RTR crawlers. I'm not the most knowledgable on crawlers since I'm just getting started, but if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

You don't "need" more than 2 channels, one for throttle and one for steering.

My super only uses 2 channels and has 4-wheel steering.

I do use a 3 channel radio with it and have been thinking about using the 3rd channel to reverse the rear steering servo on the fly.

Yeap on my crawler I will only be using 2 channels, it's just that some people like their setup to have the other channels, but as they said above you only HAVE to have two.

Back