Identify my new nitros

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fstnd

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello, I just bought 2 nitro's with 5 bodies👍👍. Only curious what models these are?

First car: ⬇️ (not sure of the brand)
20230527_191728.jpg

20230527_191744.jpg
20230527_191757.jpg

Second car: ⬇️(carson)
20230527_191824.jpg
20230527_191828.jpg
20230527_191833.jpg
Till now I didn't really care about the bodies, but these just look really nice😂

20230527_192417.jpg

Lol sorry, I thought the second nitro was a carson because of its exhaust. But thanks!
Smarttech also made an exhaust like that. I own a winner 1 and its the exact same as yours. The 1st one I'm not 100% sure but the exhaust and motor placement is very similar to the early rs4

Smarttech also made an exhaust like that. I own a winner 1 and its the exact same as yours. The 1st one I'm not 100% sure but the exhaust and motor placement is very similar to the early rs4
I just found out the first car is a CEN. It has a nx-12 engine with four stripped head screws🤦 luckily it isn't seized but it doesn't have much compression either. I just drowned it in wd40 as that's the only thing I can do right now, but soon I'll look at the engine from the backplate. The car model is: CEN SP1 GP Nitro. Might be a kind of rs4 clone. Anyway, my electronics are on the way and soon I'll get it started for sure👍

The first RC I confirm is a CEN that I recognize because it was my first Nitro car. very inexpensive car and I remember that the platica gear transmission at the rear is quite fragile.

s-l1600.jpg

The first RC I confirm is a CEN that I recognize because it was my first Nitro car. very inexpensive car and I remember that the platica gear transmission at the rear is quite fragile.

View attachment 166444
That's right😂 when I move the wheels with some pressure but hold the spur gear, something has to be slipping from the inside. Do you think there is a way to give that gear a longer life? For example by drowning it in vaseline, or is there a alternative gear?
Btw I like your username

what I remember, they recommended me white Teflon grease. I don't think there are alternatives such as metal or zamak. NitroR/C👍

what I remember, they recommended me white Teflon grease. I don't think there are alternatives such as metal or zamak. NitroR/C👍
I just disassembled the diff from the car... So how about wasabi?

16852969217561867216422564701332.jpg
Luckily the gears are in good condition(I haven't disassembled the diff yet). I forgot to put the diff in the picture but I have it👍

Edit: its not me who put that wasabi in there

Last edited:
I don't want to make a mistake, but I think that green grease is the original one from the factory... I remember a similar thing. do a good cleaning and lightly grease everything. I've seen metal shot glasses somewhere.

I think there was a version or some optionals parts with the metal drive shafts and transmission cups.I found this picture.

1_c98aff4197c61a545f1403c74085ff66.jpg

Back