i need some help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JNH03

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi all, I am new to the world of nitro rc's and I was just wondering, I'm not sure wat to get for my first rc, I prefer buggys and my budget is $370, if you could please steer me in the right direction of wat to get that would be great :D

cheers, Jeremy

if you go to the 1/8th scale buggy forums there are alot info on there. i havent had one yet but for your budget i heard you can't beat the hyper 7. that one and the ofna picco are both (from what i hear) real good buggies for the price range

ok thanks, i think i might go with the picco, thanks for all your help :D

no problem. as you see in the threads i made in the 1/8th scale buggy forum i was stuck in the same position but i decided I'm just going to save for the associated rc8. also a very nice buggy but cost you 500 lol

i also think that the ofna hyper 7 and ofna picco are good buggies but if you want somthing thats pretty good for the price redcat has really good deals rite now well they make way for the new line..like the redcat hurricane xp 1/8 buggy with a .28 nitro bb is 249.99 and the redcat sandstorm lt 1/8 buggy with 3cc .18 is 199.99

thanks all fir your input but MGT8, the redcat sandstorm lt it may be cheaper but will it last?, and wat do you think would be the better out of the 2? or wat does anyone think the best out of the 2 would be

Last edited:
does anyone know if there is any online shops in australia to buy buggys like redcat, hyper ect?

thanks all fir your input but MGT8, the redcat sandstorm lt it may be cheaper but will it last?, and wat do you think would be the better out of the 2? or wat does anyone think the best out of the 2 would be

to pick out of the two i would pick the hurricane and they are a farly good quality..like there not no associated or losi but for the price they seem really good and there starting to show up more and more in the hobbie shops

Kyosho has always been on top of the buggy game. Not a lot of following outside racing but they do rock!

The Hurricane XP, by far. It's possibly the best car Redcat makes in terms of quality & durability/performance.

Double check budget

Hi all, I am new to the world of nitro rc's and I was just wondering, I'm not sure wat to get for my first rc, I prefer buggys and my budget is $370, if you could please steer me in the right direction of wat to get that would be great :D

cheers, Jeremy

Just a little food for thought. I just recently got back into RC and went with a REVO based on a lot of what I have read on their durabilty. I beat the snot out of it on a fairly regular basis and thus far have only lost aslipper clutch pad that was covered under warranty. I have not HAD to buy any parts so far but am already into this car almost twice the original cost of the car between filters, tires/wheels, back up slipper clutch kit, 3 piece clutch kit for back up, fuel, batteries, charger, wing and mounts, temp probe, body and a few other things that add up really quick. My initial investment of just under $500 is now up to close to $1000 much to my wife's displeasure. Just be aware of not only your initial budget but the maintenance as well. On the other side, they store very easy with a little care and will wait very patiently until budget allows for necessary repairs.

Back