I need help identifying this truggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD546

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I did some more trading off of Marketplace and came home with this beast. All I know is that it used to be a nitro RC8. The problem I'm having is...well...which one? As usual, I didn't find out about it being discontinued until I got it home and started going over it and seeing what it needs. Well...I'm screwed. Now I see why the seller didn't haggle. I was there to trade an Arrma Granite but the kid in me saw the big truck and got excited.

IMG_20240211_100147475.jpg

IMG_20240211_100158175.jpg

IMG_20240211_100220676.jpg

IMG_20240211_100245468.jpg

Not exactly sure what it is but I see some good parts that can be used on something else.

Says arrma on the wing. Thats all that I could see. But doesn't look like an arrma. Not really sure.

I would post a pic at the Arrma forum, somebody will know what it is.

I would post a pic at the Arrma forum, somebody will know what it is.
I know it's not an Arrma. The seller just put that on there for some reason. It's definitely a Team Associated RC8T.

But they made a few different versions. And! Will parts from the electric version fit the nitro version? Does anybody know where to get parts? I have so many questions about this truck and need to find somebody familiar with it...HELP! LOL

So you do know what it is! I would think you could retrofit some new parts onto that chassis if it is an rc8t.
They made a few different versions...not sure what this one is. The a arms I found on eBay do not look like the ones on this truck...

Maybe someone Frankenstein’d that beast together, idk as I’m not familiar with that platform. What does it need?
Body posts. Receiver cover. The correct wing...lol. Front diff

I really should have don't more research on this before pulling the trigger on the trade...

Associated also made a buggy version. Will those diffs fit the truck platform?

It definitely used to be a nitro. There is a flywheel slot in the chassis. Which leads me think the chassis is a Losi or Kyosho. The anodize also looks like Losi or Kyosho colors for their aluminum.

Front arms almost look like Losi 8ight arms.

Take a pic of the bottom of the chassis.

My money is on a Kyosho chassis.

Look the A-arms over real good and see if there is any brand name on them. A lot of times they will be embossed with a logo or model number possibly.

Last edited:
It has a Losi layout but I can't say for sure that's what it is.

Damn thing has no brakes! Now I need MORE parts! Lol

I know...ESC issue...

It definitely used to be a nitro. There is a flywheel slot in the chassis. Which leads me think the chassis is a Losi or Kyosho. The anodize also looks like Losi or Kyosho colors for their aluminum.

Front arms almost look like Losi 8ight arms.

Take a pic of the bottom of the chassis.

My money is on a Kyosho chassis.

Look the A-arms over real good and see if there is any brand name on them. A lot of times they will be embossed with a logo or model number possibly.

Attachments

• IMG_20240211_123944605_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240211_123944605_HDR.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 23
I did some more trading off of Marketplace and came home with this beast. All I know is that it used to be a nitro RC8. The problem I'm having is...well...which one? As usual, I didn't find out about it being discontinued until I got it home and started going over it and seeing what it needs. Well...I'm screwed. Now I see why the seller didn't haggle. I was there to trade an Arrma Granite but the kid in me saw the big truck and got excited.

View attachment 181366

View attachment 181367

View attachment 181368

View attachment 181369

Ouch ,did that come with the servo & radio?
If it did ,you can pull all the good stuff along with the wheels an sell the rest for parts!..🤔:thumbs-up:

Is it cross compatible with anything made now?

Ouch ,did that come with the servo & radio?
If it did ,you can pull all the good stuff along with the wheels an sell the rest for parts!..🤔:thumbs-up:
It came with the servo but I added the extra receiver for my SkyFly GT3B. Once I figured out how to adjust the settings for the ESC, I did a quick run with 2 3s batteries in it. Oh. My. Gawd! This thing is FAST! I think I'll keep it and bash the hell out of it until I can't get eBay parts then salvage the leftovers and scrap the rest.

Is it cross compatible with anything made now?
I wanna believe that this this is about 10yrs old and I haven't seen anything similar while searching the interwebs

I found out what it is!!! Has anyone heard of Team C? This is a Team C T8T converted to electric. I actually came across a for sale post from the rctech site that had this very truggy for sale...from Florida...back in 2020!!!

I found out what it is!!! Has anyone heard of Team C? This is a Team C T8T converted to electric. I actually came across a for sale post from the rctech site that had this very truggy for sale...from Florida...back in 2020!!!
Awesome. Never heard of that one.