I need help getting the outer ring of a bearing out a trx 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANDREW_RC

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I alr tried heating it up and hitting it out n nothing has happened I’m trying to see if y’all have any thing that will help me get them out before I break something

So the bearing came apart and the outer race is still in the bore?

This sounds like something @STONER RC cound help with.

We used dry ice to assemble some aerospace parts we made. You can pick it up at some hardware stores. There were a couple parts that had an interference fit (bore and sleeve machined same size). We used dry ice on the sleeve to slide them into the bore, then bolted them in.

But dry ice would be very tough to use to shrink the bearing race out, because the aluminum engine block would shrink even more than the race does, since aluminum transfers cold and heat much faster than steel does.

We used dry ice to assemble some aerospace parts we made. You can pick it up at some hardware stores. There were a couple parts that had an interference fit (bore and sleeve machined same size). We used dry ice on the sleeve to slide them into the bore, then bolted them in.

But dry ice would be very tough to use to shrink the bearing race out, because the aluminum engine block would shrink even more than the race does, since aluminum transfers cold and heat much faster than steel does.
So what is there to do then

Bake the block in an oven. See if that frees up the race.

Just use a heat gun bud. For a while need a vise to hold the block. Because your going to need it HOT!!! And then a extention with small socket to push it out. What's wrong with the engine that your breaking ot completely down. You could also dry the throwing it in the freezer over night. But heat would probably work better

Just use a heat gun bud. For a while need a vise to hold the block. Because your going to need it HOT!!! And then a extention with small socket to push it out. What's wrong with the engine that your breaking ot completely down. You could also dry the throwing it in the freezer over night. But heat would probably work better
I think the bearing came apart, and it sounds like all he has in the bore of the block is the outer race.

Hey I have a old 3.3 block if you would like it bud. I'm me you address. And i will send it to you.. you will just need a new front seal bearing...and the sleeve and piston. Can also send you the crank shaft.. its up to you bud...

16594866108406155859875473973531.jpg

16594866224261785810814988258385.jpg

16594866371451870160003219207089.jpg

16594866520017559516035747119383.jpg