i need a little help lol

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dj_doogle

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I need some help with my car... when i pull my accelerator toggle back i just want it to make the car slow down(break) but it is turning the car off.. could anyone help me here??:)

i would say either check your where your trim is set and also if you have your idle screw set to far out when your brakeing its pushing your rod back and closeing the carb (chokeing it) take your filter off and put your brake on with the remote and see if it closeing your carb if it is may need to move a tooth over on your servo, or reset idle and trim , may also check your spring tension when your brake engages..... just my 2 cents!

Check the idle speed screw on the carb and turn inwards (Clockwise) sounds like you hacve it unscrewed to far. Generally a 1mm gap is the norm on a carb barrel. The 1mm gap refers to the gap between the carb slider and the carb barrel.#

carb slider = the bit that moves out to allow more air and fuel into the carb

Idles speed screw ( or ISS) The screw that stop the slider closing too far and shutting the engine down.

Try it, if it doesn't wqork, ask again, it could be other things aswell.

Darn, you posted at the same time !!! Oh well, knickers to that then !! lol :hehe:

thanks how do i move a tooth over? sorry i am new to these lol

check the operation of the carb first. ONLY move the servo horn as a last resort.

ya move servo on last but start with the idle screw, then tension sping, trim on remote, and so on there is a few things there that have to be aligned right so u dont choke out the engine and use brakes at same time

i have just tryed the idle screw and when i screw it clockwise it makes the carb slider stick..there is also alot of fule comibng out of the exhause so i am goin threw alot of fule!

There should be a slot on your carb slide that the Idle Screw fits into. Sounds like your carb slide is out of alignment with your idle screw. When you tighten the Idle screw, your carb slide should slide outward from the carb body opening the gap between the slide and the body and of course increasing your idle.

Try to find the slot on the slide that the idle screw is supposed to sit in and get the slide lined up and then tighten the idle screw a tad. When you get it right, the carb slide should NOT stick when the idle screw is tightened, and you should NOT be able to pull the carb slide out of the carb body completely.

If that helps? I had this on my first warhead as well...takes a little moving of the slide to get the screw back in alignment properly. Worst case, you can remove the carb slide, find the slot, and then re-install it lined up with the idle screw.

woo thanks alot i have got it lined up now... so i can try what wot all said :D thanks alot evryone! i will prob be back for more advice cos i am an amiture with them haha!

Same here dude, go get some wheel time !!! ENJOY !!

i got wheel time and then i managed to break a rim haha! any1 got some for sale? prefrebly offroad