I have never seen this happen before

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatGuy

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
The engine is a Reedy 121VS .21 engine that uses an MC9 standard glow plug. I have fuel bubbling out around the glow plug when it's running. I don't know if the copper washer that goes under the glow plug is bad, or if I cross threaded the plug.
I don't have any more glow plugs at the moment to try. I am hoping I didn't damage the threads on the cooling head.

Mine does that too but I don't use the copper ring like I should so I just take a socket wrench and tighten it

If it's crossthreaded you should know simply because of the fact that it wont screw in easy, the plug should screw right in like a nut on a bolt untill its seated enough for tightening, ....take the plug out and make sure there is no dirt on anything, use a new copper washer and tighten it up

If you did somehow damage where the glow plug tightens onto then you would need a new glow plug button. Very inexpensive and not hard to replace.

I had that same problem on my revo... I just took the copper o ring out cleaned it out real good on the head and the ring... and it sealed right up...

We'll, the plug glows brightly, and I don't think it was cross threaded since it screws in and out with no problems. I removed the plug and cooling head, wiped everything down. When it stops raining I'll take it out and fire it up.

Thank you for the responses.