I Had a Fun Incindent Today

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suicide

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
my dad picks me up from school in his 69 454 corvette. the ride home is normal. we back in the driveway. He parks the car turns it off and tries to restart it to see whether or not the starter works when the car is warmed up ( the starter never works warm). it turns over and fires but there is this wierd noise, so he gives it some gas then turns it off. funny thing it won't turn all the way off, it still kinda pulls about 250 rpm. next thing i hear is "OH SH!T THE STARTER IS HUNG this thing is gonna burn up". i run into the garage and to get pliers to cut the battery cable,guess what no pliers. so i grabbed a wierd cutter thing and he cut it to kill the starter. we open the hood and a whole lot of smoke pours out. i run to get the fire extinguisher just in case the starter caught fire i couldn't find the fire extinguisher either.

No and then!! :D

seriously though.. what happend? pic of the car? it sounds sweet!

the same thing happend to my grampas truck just it happend cause a wire shorted out and it actaully lite fire and burnt everything under the hood which really sucked.

What the hell????

What's the end result?

it wasn't burnt. we toasted a starter and basicly the amp draw off the battery fused the positive wire to it. it's perfectly normal. except the fact that the car has screwed up wiring. my dad is ordering a kill switch off of summit now

it wasn't burnt. we toasted a starter and basicly the amp draw off the battery fused the positive wire to it. it's perfectly normal. except the fact that the car has screwed up wiring. my dad is ordering a kill switch off of summit now

thats probobly a good idea to get a kill switch but you guys might have fun trying to get the pos wire off the battery

we got it off while it was still hot and it does need a rewire bad.

here are some pics of the car

Last edited:
it does look awesome but it needs a lot of TLC. it needs a lot of work

Nice car! I love those old notch backed third gens.

Me too! They sure as hell screwed 'em up in '73 with that plastic front bumper. Then both in '74...

My Pop has a '72. Wish I had a pic on my laptop...

A friend of mine has a 76 (same age is myself). I like looking at it... but I don't care for riding in it. With the windows up, I have to sit at an angle because my shoulder hits the glass. Feel like a orangutan in a barbie car!

Sure sounds nice though.

we think someone raced it at one point. as stated the wiring is screwed up. it overheats like hell. and it has what sounds like a mild racing cam in it

Back