I found another odd one

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scavenger

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I got this old electric tether car at a yard sale for $5. It's a REMCO made in 1961 and is pretty trashed but interesting. I should gut it and build a 1/10 speedrun pile 'o crap, or...?
20220627_182228.jpg
20220627_182240.jpg
20220627_182346.jpg

Do it. I would love a full size version! I see a 3 wheel car that looks similar. Each time I get dissapointed they couldnt add the 4th wheel.

Restore it as a tether car. As recently as ten years ago, there was a tether car event in SoCal. Think it was in conjunction with a banked oval speed run event.

Looks like it is basically in good shape. Enough guys on here printing parts you could get what you need to complete the resto.

Thanks for sharing that garage sale find. Good luck. Cheers. 'AC'

That has brushless rat rod written all over it.
Hey I can help with that!!!!
I still like some custom old school tethers. Here is mine full custom built. The baddest of the baddest from the 60s. If you do it right and restore it right they are worth a lot of money.
Hey I can help with that!!!!
I still like some custom old school tethers. Here is mine full custom built. The baddest of the baddest from the 60s. If you do it right and restore it right they are worth a lot of money.
Here’s mine smile 😊 if want more pics I can send.
Most old tether cars back in the day of the 50s were basically fun after the real car races and see what people could build using what was available rc airplane motors and drag them on slot at old gas stations or favorite hang outs. No electronics ect. Just ignite it full run what fuel you had in it and hope you win. Some used bicycles to fire them up no bump boxes back then. 50s and 60s real big. Died out after that.
TRAX was old gas ⛽️ station back in the the day where this has been raced.

Attachments

• ACB43FBC-57E0-4897-A02F-2C9F5D9725FD.jpeg
    ACB43FBC-57E0-4897-A02F-2C9F5D9725FD.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back