I fired Amazon prime today

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carc

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I mostly used them for 2 day shipping but more and more I don't get what I am paying for. I already don't watch much of their streaming shows. They seem to give you the first season included in prime then charge you extra for the rest of the seasons. Twice in the last two weeks I ordered prime products on Wednesday and when I got the confirmation it told me it would be delivered on Monday. I called them and told then I expect to get what I am paying over $140 a year for but they told me it was at a warehouse too far to get it to me any sooner. I told them if they can't give me what I am paying for then cancel my order and my prime account. Even though I used them 2 or 3 times a week and spend over a thousand dollars a year on them for the last 6 years they seemed to have no problem at all with it. So they are gone. It seems others are starting to do the 2 day shipping and Amazon was not always the cheapest anyhow. They were just very quick. Not any more. Even Walmart is getting a lot better at online service. I have been using them more and more. Anyone else felt the need to fire Prime? I can't be the only one.

@carc while I rarely (basically never) use their streaming service, I still order a lot through Amazon.

In most cases, I get my stuff within the 2 days. I think only a couple times have I not received something within 2 days.

I use the streaming, as they have some excellent original shows. Living in podunk, I also generally get a prime order weekly. Also, prime membership in US is only $119 a year. With some of the stuff I've ordered, I'd have paid half that in shipping for one order.

I have Prime and almost always get my orders within the 2 day window. Sometimes in 1 day with also Sunday deliveries.

I place a lot of orders with Amazon since most of the time I can’t find what I’m looking for at the local B&M stores. Prime is well worth the cost of admission just for the quick shipping. I could care less about the streaming service.

We use their streaming a bit, but my wife shops a lot on amazon. We get our groceries deliverd, but she uses amazon for cleaning/paper products, medications, clothes and occasional stuff I ask for. Via prime, they have some old tv shows that netflix doesn't have, so we will stream via prime. Haven't had the issue where they have the first season free then the later ones not free. Have found a few though that we want to watch that aren't free at all though.

My wife just paid for hulu so we could watch nypd blue without commercials. Seems hulu has a low rung service available if you have sprint cell service which we tried out a few weeks ago. I got too annoyed with the commercials. The only sucky thing is we have to use our PS3 to watch it as when we try to use our blu-ray players, it glitches out constantly and starts over. I hate using the PS3 just to watch hours and hours of TV. Then again, I can't remember the last time we used the PS3 anyway, so might as well get some use out of it.

I have Prime and almost always get my orders within the 2 day window. Sometimes in 1 day with also Sunday deliveries.

This is how it used to be for me. I always loved them. But now I refuse to pay for something I am not getting. I will miss them. It was convenient but no longer practical.

Back