I can't get this engine to start!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I have a brand new Megatech M16 nitro engine I'm trying to break in, but it just won't start! I checked the glow plug and it's fine, but it randomly floods, I would empty the excess fuel out of the engine and it would be fine for a few pulls then it would flood again! Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

What's the ambient temp? I've had engines that wouldn't start after cranking and cranking until blisters formed. Once I heated the engines up to 80F+, they would fire right up.

What's the ambient temp? I've had engines that wouldn't start after cranking and cranking until blisters formed. Once I heated the engines up to 80F+, they would fire right up.
About 60F, I'll try preheating the engine today.

I find that I always need to pre heat my HPS Nitro before trying to tick it over, even with a brand new glow plug. Though my engine is a bit old now in fairness

I find that I always need to pre heat my HPS Nitro before trying to tick it over, even with a brand new glow plug. Though my engine is a bit old now in fairness
I heated it up to 200F and it lost all compression, I think it's defective. I'll have to put the old engine back in.

I think I found the issue, the backplate was leaking. It does have the gasket, but it's just not working.

I think I found the issue, the backplate was leaking. It does have the gasket, but it's just not working.
I could use that for parts to make a runner out of my incomplete one and yours if you wanted to part with