I accidentally mixed a few drops of nitro fuel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage 4.6

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So today I accidentally mixed a few drops of nitro fuel In my tank what should I do (dump the rest of the tank out and re fill it just run it) and will it harm the engine please help

I'm confused, isn't the Savage 4.6 a nitro engine anyway? What tank are we actually talking about?

tuned it part of the question we must guess. .any type of full size human transport vehicle id say nope drive to petrol station and fill her up.

If anything you may get a bit of smoke for a little while but don't think it will hurt anything. I agree with TNT, fill it up and that will dilute some.

I'm confused, isn't the Savage 4.6 a nitro engine anyway? What tank are we actually talking about?
Yes but I looked it up and it said it’s bad to mix different brands of it it mixes up the oil and nitromethane percentage or something like that

Yes but I looked it up and it said it’s bad to mix different brands of it it mixes up the oil and nitromethane percentage or something like that

That's not going to hurt anything, unless you've got some really radically different percentage between the fuels, your engine won't know the difference.

I would say that if you are not comfortable about it then simply remove it.

That's not going to hurt anything, unless you've got some really radically different percentage between the fuels, your engine won't know the difference.
Thanks so much they were the same nitro percentage I just didn’t know if it would harm the engine

its not good ideally to mix fuels, but a few drops wont really matter. I've ran out of one type of fuel, then switched over to another while out bashing, (most likely was some still in the bottom of the tank) just had to retune to the new fuel and off i went.
just a few drops though, your engine will never know.

Thanks so much they were the same nitro percentage I just didn’t know if it would harm the engine
its not good ideally to mix fuels, but a few drops wont really matter. I've ran out of one type of fuel, then switched over to another while out bashing, (most likely was some still in the bottom of the tank) just had to retune to the new fuel and off i went.
just a few drops though, your engine will never know.
Thanks so much dude I was just really worried