Hyper 7 electrical issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamesedginton

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Okay so I just brought a hyper 7 about 3 hours ago I charged it up and just got it going was all going great giving it a blast around the garden until I realised I forgot to put all the wires back in the box, the steering stopped working so I quickly plugged something back into an empty slot on the receiver then the servo started smoking and the controller was pretty temperamental so right where do I start... basically I’ve come to the conclusion to buy a new controller and receiver to solve the issue is that possible? Then I need a new switch that I am finding hard to track down the same one if anyone can help as the pins inside I broke

36821817-D537-4204-83CB-EF7F235DC06D.jpeg

68AA7DC9-CDB7-454D-BB5D-A2BB57958A73.jpeg

then replace the servo because this is the thing that was smoking

A76DFFA9-EAFD-43F5-BA00-F9293F686F85.jpeg

can anyone help me find the switch I need, I think I found the correct servo but any recommendations are welcome and a decent controller and receiver not too expensive that would do the job oh and last but not least the correct batteries I have these ones now

2E0EBD87-9707-4230-8D77-803557A5701B.jpeg

I know it’s an expensive project and I’d probably be better off buying a new car but I’m up for the project and will enjoy doing it if all the parts are accessible just need the help tracking them down. I am litterally 3 hours into the hobby so I may have made a stupid mistake out of eagerness but oh well s**t happens

B850A90C-BA61-4E9D-8228-BBFCAC9105DD.jpeg

02583AFE-433E-4518-B714-CCACA53DCCE1.jpeg

Ok to start but more than likely that servo is now toast.. you can replace the pins in the damaged on/off switch pin kits are sold on amazon . Id test things b4 just going and replace things.
(20 Pair) Molex 18-24 AWG Gauge Pins 0.062" Male and Female Pins Connector, Crimp Style pin, 1561-(P901) L: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
maybe even a servo tester...

would you say this is the correct servo
3D34640F-5E18-4335-A1D7-8DBDA49EFB8E.png

If I was to buy new ? Only as the holes aren’t exactly the same where the screws go but does that matter?

It is unlikely the broken pin is the cause, but if you try to plug the battery cable to the receiver and reverse the polarity, then it could really do some damage. If any water get in while you was playing, it could be another issue. I would first unplugged everything, wait for them to dry if wet, plug the battery end directly into the receiver and plug the throttle servo into either channel 1 or 2 to try to see if the receiver is still working on both channels. If all working, then try the steering servo. Otherwise, time or new set.

if your buying a nib servo . the exact kind and model you damaged then everything should mount up the same. how do you know screw are off?. its the components that got hot is what id worry about..test the rx like alfred said.. dont get the rx plug in wrong..

if your buying a nib servo . the exact kind and model you damaged then everything should mount up the same. how do you know screw are off?. its the components that got hot is what id worry about..test the rx like alfred said.. dont get the rx plug in wrong..
B4502CCC-2E12-48A6-9991-C61FC38881FD.jpeg

opened up the servo and this is what I found this could be the problem