Hyper.21 Need Jetting Help Please

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRI98

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a HYPER .21 8 port with a 3 Needle slide carb and I really need some jetting help. I tried setting up the carb like on my rc10 but It will not run that way. Where should I start? should I adjust the low speed or the md first? I need a good baseline. please help

What exactly is it doing that isn't right.
preset low and mid settings should work fine, and its just a matter of tuning top end until it gets up and going.
If it stalls when accelerating from idle, then bottom end is too lean, if it bogs down and splutters, its too rich etc etc.
My hobby shop told me not to bother touching mid at all, but I have leaned it slightly which seemes to have boosted mid range a little.

Actually.. dont mess with the midrange needle.. it should be flush.. then.. on the low end.. i set mine at 1.5 turns in from flush with the throttle link.. means back out the low end needle to flush with the outmost point of the linkage.. then turn it in 1.5 turns.. this may be a little fat.. but pretty close.. on the high end.. i turned it 3 turns out from fully closed..

when adjusting the needls on this carb.. it is imperative that you only turn 1/12 of a turn.. dont turn more than that.. this carb is very touchy.. you should have no probs then.. if you do.. get an OS carb for it..