HSN Holder keeps on going loose

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nazUK

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi

My HSN holder when I was running it last and this was after about half an hour became loose, I tried tightening it but it kept on coming loose.
I do know that the HSN should not be fully tightened and only by one or two turns once you feel the tension,
So what should I do to fix this, is it a good idea to use thread locker or green slime, I'm not sure at this point?

Thanks naz

I'd try a replacement O-ring, the old one may be worn or damaged and a new one should fix it. If it come loose after that, I'd look into a replacement carb. What engine is this on?

I didn't see an o-ring when the holder came out, it has metal washers between, but I will double check in the morning.
It's a SH .28 6-port big block engine.

I misread your post, I thought you HSN was loosening up. Does it seem to tighten up nice and snug? It may be getting stripped.

I misread your post, I thought you HSN was loosening up. Does it seem to tighten up nice and snug? It may be getting stripped.

well when the engine was running even when I tightened it it still kept coming loose

It's really easy to over-tighten those banjo fittings, once that's happened the threads are stripped and it will forever be a problem. Assuming that's the problem, I would just grab a new carb from ebay or something. But I suppose in the meantime you could try to thread lock it on if you are dying to run the thing. :)

Threadlock may work, but it sounds like you need a new carb or at least a carb body.

Ah thanks I have a feeling I may of over tightened it, quite surprised why it came loose in the first place.
I've stuck some thread locker in it and will see how it runs in my back yard but there's a good possibility I will be heading towards having to buy a new carb.

Thanks a bunch