Hpi Savage X 4.6 Starting in 2nd gear and downshifting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robc714

RC Newbie
Reaction score
For some reason my Savage starts off in second gear and once it hits a certain speed will downshift into first gear and then not shift back as it accelerates. I’m new to nitros and two speeds on rcs so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

For some reason my Savage starts off in second gear and once it hits a certain speed will downshift into first gear and then not shift back as it accelerates. I’m new to nitros and two speeds on rcs so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Welcome man.. guessing you got it from someone. Did they have any issues they told you about. When you got it did you tear it down and give it a once over to check everything? Sounds like the trans is messed up some how. Possibly the shifting rod or gears out of line some how..Will look up some thing see what I can find for ya

Welcome man.. guessing you got it from someone. Did they have any issues they told you about. When you got it did you tear it down and give it a once over to check everything? Sounds like the trans is messed up some how. Possibly the shifting rod or gears out of line some how..Will look up some thing see what I can find for ya
Thanks for the help. I did get it from someone but they didn’t mention any issues. To be honest I’m not sure if they even ran it. I didn’t tear it down which I now realize probably would’ve been a good idea. Some obvious issues did pop out though once I got it like the clutches not being installed correctly (Which I have now fixed) so that leads me to believe that the transmission was most likely also improperly installed.