Hpi savage twin build?!? Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcjunky2002

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys I just picked up this semi built savage x. Started out as the newer version savage x 4.6 from 2013. Chassis is a extended kit from greece??? Never heard of it, I do remember when the savage came as a twin but this is a custom kit someone made but it has hpi stamps on it. Anyways I'm looking for help with this if anyone has ever built one I'd like help on a better fuel source and Maybe any other tips.. I plan on using 2 lrp spec 4 .28 engines. Any help would be great..

Attachments

• received_1520945704955489.jpeg
    received_1520945704955489.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 162
  • received_629660301523411.jpeg
    received_629660301523411.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 85
  • received_625272395289752.jpeg
    received_625272395289752.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 85
  • received_401964424894114.jpeg
    received_401964424894114.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 90
a good friend of mine of many year's, online long distance rc trading, tech talk bs, built two over the pandemic almost exactly how you are planning, lrps and all. Ill try to contact him but no promises as I've lost touch since my fb was hacked and locked 2x by a ex.

Hey guys I just picked up this semi built savage x. Started out as the newer version savage x 4.6 from 2013. Chassis is a extended kit from greece??? Never heard of it, I do remember when the savage came as a twin but this is a custom kit someone made but it has hpi stamps on it. Anyways I'm looking for help with this if anyone has ever built one I'd like help on a better fuel source and Maybe any other tips.. I plan on using 2 lrp spec 4 .28 engines. Any help would be great..
Whats up bud?. Wow haven't seen a hpi twin in yrs.. NICE!!! Or even any of the twins that were made. HPI, OFNA,and KYOSHO... First thing that fuel tank with the primer is going to give you problems prone for air leaks. You can go with a twin fuel cell mod. Or a big single tank off a plane. Is that tranns got 3speed or just the two speed? I got some video on the twin you can watch about the set ups. You also got to get the carb linkage to be persist so the open at the same time. That's is very important they can't be off at all. Better to link them together.. and I would say get the roto start for them. I'm all about a pull start. But with the twin. It would be easier for you to start. Cuz you won't kill your self trying to pull start them both. Here's some videos you can watch. And get some ideas from them. I believe that chassis was a aftermarket one designed over seas for the twin. Some people actually were cutting there chassis up to do this mod back in the day.... so cool can't wait to see her back in her glory and screaming in some dirt...👍👍👍need anything just post up and ask bud

I was planning to do an electric mod to mine but maybe Ill do this instead.

Yupper. One of the videos has it done with the X ss. The ss is the platform it was designed from I believe
I was planning to do an electric mod to mine but maybe Ill do this instead.
Hell yeah that would be sweet
Thats too cool. I wonder if you can do that twin mod to a Savage X SS
Watch the first video

Whats up bud?. Wow haven't seen a hpi twin in yrs.. NICE!!! Or even any of the twins that were made. HPI, OFNA,and KYOSHO... First thing that fuel tank with the primer is going to give you problems prone for air leaks. You can go with a twin fuel cell mod. Or a big single tank off a plane. Is that tranns got 3speed or just the two speed? I got some video on the twin you can watch about the set ups. You also got to get the carb linkage to be persist so the open at the same time. That's is very important they can't be off at all. Better to link them together.. and I would say get the roto start for them. I'm all about a pull start. But with the twin. It would be easier for you to start. Cuz you won't kill your self trying to pull start them both. Here's some videos you can watch. And get some ideas from them. I believe that chassis was a aftermarket one designed over seas for the twin. Some people actually were cutting there chassis up to do this mod back in the day.... so cool can't wait to see her back in her glory and screaming in some dirt...👍👍👍need anything just post up and ask bud

It has the 3 speed. I've built a few nice custom savages in my day but never had a twin so I'm excited. Just waiting on lrp engine #2 and some more parts. Next thing is figuring out that tank situation.
found a pic
Haha those are mine and my buddies. Is your buddy from maine?

Last edited:
She came.. got the motor mounted and linkage setup. Waiting on second engine and exhaust then we should be ready for sound!!!
Oh man that is going to be sweet. Can't wait to see and hear her singing. Also it seems like a awesome build project

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Where do you get the twin engine mount at?
I actually got the truck somewhat started and he got the kit from.a guy in Greece
Oh man that is going to be sweet. Can't wait to see and hear her singing. Also it seems like a awesome build
Thank you It actually fell in my lap but wasn't quite finished. It only had one engine on it and I had to buy the other stuff. Its been pretty easy

I actually got the truck somewhat started and he got the kit from.a guy in Greece

Thank you It actually fell in my lap but wasn't quite finished. It only had one engine on it and I had to buy the other stuff. Its been pretty easy
Hell yeah man. It's going to be a beast in the end. Definitely post up some videos of it. Have fun wrenching on it.. can't wait to see it. Should start a build thread on it ..👍👍

Back