HPI re-re on the Baja 5B

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahr43

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Reading HPI is re-releasing the Baja 5B as a SBK, that is, Self Build Kit. Big Squid posted it to their website and the HPI website has it also. There is an Eversion, but the gas burner is the one for me. What do you guys think?

The HPI Baja piqued my interest first time around. I may not let it pass this time. Sharon won't let me have a motorcycle again. Says I'm too old to ride. This looks like the next best thing. 'AC'

Baja 5B SBK

5B HPI website

That's great to see. Should improve the availability of non-clone HPI Baja 5B parts. Glad I kept mine.

I may look at one. If I can buy spares and hopups at the same time. Now I need to find a way to pay for it. 🤣😂

Would be neat for a nitro baja also. I may have found yet another project!

That would be fun building. I'm not much of a nitro fan but I would love to try it.
I almost went electric with the Baja I am building.

I wouldnt ,why go backwards when a 30 Deg. North 4x4 SC can be had!..🤔
https://www.fearlessrc.com/product-tdn59001-7

1665117228429.png

1665117251375.png

Last edited:
RovanRC on ebay is the same company. They have a ton of parts.

Either one would be cool. Are those anything like the Losi 5ive-T? If that is like the Rovan of the 5ive-T then Id definitely be interested :)
The DTT-7 is from my understanding a direct clone of the 5IVE-T.
RovanRC on ebay is the same company. They have a ton of parts.

I think 30 Degrees North is a different company than Rovan but I did notice that Rovan also sells the 30 Degrees North cars.

I'm not sure either. I really like the Rovan line.

Been following up trying to find out more info on the Re-Re. Contacted RC Hobby Shop here in Houston-listed online as an HPI dealer. Esmeralda tells me her sources say release is "coming soon". MSRP of $749.99 for the roller kit.

Gives me a place to begin with a cost analysis. Need to add in price of a 2-stroke engine and electronics control package. That's the big stuff. Tack on an extra 10% give-or-take for 'other stuff.'

Thinking this thread should migrate to Large Scale RC. Missed that option on the initial post. WoodiE? Help. Cheers. 'AC'

Back