HPI Nitro Star K5.9 Engine for Savage XL

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonn87

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Is there an engine out there that would be better than this stock engine? Upgrade? More powerful/HP?

Novarossi 528, the picco .28.
Be careful going after the most powerful engines. It's no fun snapping dogbones and shredding diffs due to all that excess power. Also clutch shoes wear out twice as fast once you get into the truely strong engines.

I have the LRP .28 Spec 3. Personally I think it is an equal if not more power then the 5.9 When tuned right it will run with NovaRossi that cost $200 more. I call it best bang for the buck engine. By the way......I have snapped 3 center drive shafts and 2 MIP CVDs with it....

That was soo dang helpful. In all ways, but not always...
Wow you are helpful too! Beep beep! Hey Addict the short bus just pulled up front fer ya buddy! :D I love :spaming peoples threads! By the way nice AR in your profile picture....I have a couple too. Only better smell than burning nitro fuel.....is nitro powder!

Wow you are helpful too! Beep beep! Hey Addict the short bus just pulled up front fer ya buddy! :D I love :spaming peoples threads! By the way nice AR in your profile picture....I have a couple too. Only better smell than burning nitro fuel.....is nitro powder!

Ummm... Yeah. About that short bus--didn't know your momma was driving now. Don't you get embarrased riding with her driving? Man, I feel for you. I mean, look at her... What is she doing now? Gross!

Love my guns! You can call it my "other" addiction.

Har har good one....lol. Yeah me too....I just acquired a 1863 Enfield musket pistol......nice. Another for the collection.

ok so in general, how would you know if an engine is compatible with the truck that you have. like the savage XL? (chassis, etc..?) what are some good engines that i can swop out with the one that i have now.. Without any modifications?

Any big block should fit in a savage. any .21 to .32 should be the same mounting hole location and fit. I also believe the 5.9 (.36) is the same.

And not to be a party pooper or anything but I think that this thread derailing is getting a little out of hand. In almost every forum I look at someone is derailing it and making it seem less user friendly especially to new people. To much joking around and not enough help, and it's turning this site for the worse IMO. It's funny in some cases but not EVERY thread.

The OS .30 VG is a good engine . I just got one for my LST but have been to busy with moving to put it in yet .

And not to be a party pooper or anything but I think that this thread derailing is getting a little out of hand. In almost every forum I look at someone is derailing it and making it seem less user friendly especially to new people. To much joking around and not enough help, and it's turning this site for the worse IMO. It's funny in some cases but not EVERY thread.

I hate to say it (no, I really don't) but it is not EVERY thread. Just the ones qaart posts something brilliant in. Sorry to offend, but in the words of my ex-wife, "Life is hard, get a helmet."

Look around at the majority of threads on here--everyone is helpful. 10% derailing is hardly EVERY thread. This site is the best ever IMO. Go to other sites and all you get is insults if you ask one noob question. We may jab at people from time to time but that is why MOST people find RCNT to be the best forum on the Internet. Plus, you can always log out if we offend you.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

I hate to say it (no, I really don't) but it is not EVERY thread. Just the ones qaart posts something brilliant in. Sorry to offend, but in the words of my ex-wife, "Life is hard, get a helmet."

Look around at the majority of threads on here--everyone is helpful. 10% derailing is hardly EVERY thread. This site is the best ever IMO. Go to other sites and all you get is insults if you ask one noob question. We may jab at people from time to time but that is why MOST people find RCNT to be the best forum on the Internet. Plus, you can always log out if we offend you.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

Your not offending me by any means. I'm just saying.... Hell you make me laugh my @$$ off half the time. I haven't posted anything up yet that you guys have thrashed me on. lol. And i know that this is the best site on the net. Like I have tried rctech and the monster.traxxas and is just too many people that wanna just fill your head with useless crap. And sorry, It may not be every thread but qaart had me pissed last night. lol.

I'll go grab my helmet.....

Now you made me laugh!

5tsx2d.jpg

Have a nice day!

If you can't laugh at yourself then you are in trouble. We all make mistakes and we all get jabbed at from time to time. Hell, I get a lot of abuse on here but I dish it out pretty good so I had better be prepared to get it back two-fold. Thats why I love this place. Thin skinned need not apply...

Qaart.....dude you are still here? Well ok then; but remember......no more Moped!

Os .30 vg

The OS .30 VG is a good engine . I just got one for my LST but have been to busy with moving to put it in yet .

Yeah, so how's about when you put it in.......I get your old one !;)

i've heard great things about the picco .28, but i've also heard it shreds 3speeds. its really a buyers market, theres plenty of low cost alt,you may have to switch your gearing around a little. to find the best combo, but hell, ant that part of the fun.