HPI Jumpshot MT first 2S run thoughts, and damage report.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I finally got to run my Jumpshot MT V2 on 2S, and although it is for the most part very durable (anyone who knows me, knows I'm hard on stuff), I found that the servo saver is a really odd design:
IMG_20230414_060622865.jpg

I also found that, for as much as these trucks cost, they use the cheapest possible plastic geared servo I have ever seen (HITECH HS-425BB), that didn't survive a single battery before the gears literally exploded teeth:
IMG_20230414_060617878.jpg

Other impressions of it though, although it is extremely durable, with the brushed motor it's kind of slow, and, like all MT's, has a major tendency to torque roll with the slightest steering input. At or near full throttle, it pushes bad when you try to steer, and, will only turn if you let off the throttle. I would hate to see how much worse those issues would be on brushless power, so, like every MT I get, it will probably get turned into an SCT. It does seem to be a decent stunt truck though.

Back