How to price a box of RC's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timothy Haire

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have 4 nitro cars that I am looking to sell. I am looking for help on pricing them. The group consists of a HPI Savage X, CEN Matrix Arena Truggy, Exceed RC Titan and A CEN Sedan. They all ran in the past few months and I have boxes of parts. Any help would be appreciated.

For pricing them, look at what is really selling. You will some going for stupid amounts of money. For example, you will see an HPI Savage X going for $800 then see auctions, that are ending soon, going around $200. Chances are, that truck is only worth about $200 and that guy with the $800 price tag is smoking crack and is very proud of his truck.

Well, here's the problem with selling on Ebay. Let's take the Savage X as an example. It may be worth $200. However, due to the size and weight, it will cost about $70 to ship it. That means you may be $130 for it. Try going local first. Use Ebay as a last resort if you are trying to maximize your income. Over all, you would make more money if you took them apart and sold them as parts.

once you find your pricing, some forums have a classified section. ?

? don't forget the eBay fees also so that $200 truck you'll see about $110 after fees and shipping
This is very true. You could pay as much as 10% in fees. However, Ebay is restructuring for selling items, such as dropping PayPal, so the fees might go down.

Back