How old is my rustler?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OBS4EVER

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I just bought a vintage rustler for $90. I am wondering how old it is. I believe it is late 90s. It has bushings and a pro .15 engine. I will post more pictures later when I can take some more.

s-l1600.png

Last edited:
I just bought a vintage rustler for $90. I am wondering how old it is. I believe it is late 90s. It has bushings and a pro .15 engine. I will post more pictures later when I can take some more. This is just a picture from the ebay listing.

View attachment 164240
No guarantee that yours is from that year, but, the manual for that truck was originally printed in 1997. I just happen to have 4 or 5 vintage Traxxas manuals that were in a box of stuff i picked up, and, the manual can also still be found online. According to a search online, the manual i have was from when they were still in Plano, TX, and, they moved to McKinney, TX in 2010, and the manual for the 2012 Rustler nitro is a bit different, so, it was definitely made before 2010. A search on RCScrapyard though put's the Pro .15 engine as far back as 1997 for the Rustler Nitro: https://www.rcscrapyard.net/traxxas-nitro-rustler-4404.htm

Disclaimer: I know very little about nitro anything, but, a quick online search can usually get you enough info to get a rough idea of how old something is.

Awesome rig, if it were mine, she would be a shelf queen.

Late 90s or early 2000s. The first 96 nitro were tan chassis. Nice looking car. Very clean.

Late 90s or early 2000s. The first 96 nitro were tan chassis. Nice looking car. Very clean.
Thank you. I am just waiting for fuel to break in the engine. I will be buying some parts and may post a build thread once I get my paycheck.

Last edited:
Back