How many coats for painting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew123

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
How many coats of paint do you use with the bittydesign liquid mask

It takes a lot of skill and practice, plus every brand of liquid mask may have different directions so I recommend contacting the manufacturer and experiment on an empty 1 liter bottle of soda. The brand I used called for 2 coats of masking.

I tried liquid mask once and the product worked perfect, however I scored past the liquid mask and cut the lexan to where the first wreck cause the body to snap along the paint line that I had scored. There are professional painters who use liquid mask all the time and know how to apply proper pressure without damaging the body... so I can't stress the importance of practicing this skill before you actually paint your body.

Good Luck!

If it's a basher then as little as will get the job done. Thick paint jobs chip in high stress areas.

My RotM entry was never touched with a hobby knife, I tape everything old school. The key to it all is being patient and taking your time with the masking.

If it's a basher then as little as will get the job done. Thick paint jobs chip in high stress areas.

My RotM entry was never touched with a hobby knife, I tape everything old school. The key to it all is being patient and taking your time with the masking.
I'm racing though so what do I do for painting with bittydesign liquid mask

For applying the paint mask, I brush it on thin on the first coat. Then I apply a second coat. I like the mask that has a blue tint to it so it's easier to see thin spots. If yours is clear, you can put a drop or two of food dye in it to make it show up better. I have always wanted yo try to get my airbrush to spray the mask on, but have yet to try it. It would need thinned a lot to spray though.

When cutting, use a brand new blade. It doesn't take much pressure at all to score the mask enough to get it to peel up along your cut lines.

W
For applying the paint mask, I brush it on thin on the first coat. Then I apply a second coat. I like the mask that has a blue tint to it so it's easier to see thin spots. If yours is clear, you can put a drop or two of food dye in it to make it show up better. I have always wanted yo try to get my airbrush to spray the mask on, but have yet to try it. It would need thinned a lot to spray though.

When cutting, use a brand new blade. It doesn't take much pressure at all to score the mask enough to get it to peel up along your cut lines.
What is the name of your airbrush

W

What is the name of your airbrush
I just use a couple cheap Master brand brushes off Amazon. They work great, but they are no Iwata, which is what I would buy if I could afford one. This was painted with them.
20211225_092802.jpg

20211225_092813.jpg

20211225_092841.jpg