How hard would it be to make a Arrma Kraton 6s a tire smoking drift machine?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dewalt Drill

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
so I'm in love with the idea of having a 85mph tire smoking drifting RC drift car but i don't exactly have 650$ to spend on a car right now but i do have a Kraton 6s and I'm thinking that's close enough right? i mean change some driveshafts arms shocks gearing tires and body i should end up with 85mph tire smoking drifting RC muscle car right? but i see its not that simple i'm aware the chassis is shorter and i'm thinking that's gonna give it a somewhat awkward wheelbase and i don't know how to get around this without buying a 100$ chassis and that would probably push it over 650$ but i really don't want a stupid looking car even if its gonna be cheaper that way looks are a big part of it to me

Last edited:
so I'm in love with the idea of having a 85mph tire smoking drifting RC muscle car but i don't exactly have 650$ to spend on a car right now but i do have a Kraton 6s and I'm thinking that's close enough right? i mean change some driveshafts arms shocks gearing tires and body i should end up with 85mph tire smoking drifting RC muscle car right?
If your talking about turning it full on into a Felony youd have to replace a ton of parts. If you're talking about turning your K6 into something that will tear up a parking lot and drift then you wont need to change nearly as much stuff. Tires/wheels, lower the ride height, change gearing, and maybe try and figure out a way to mount a wing on the front. Not sure youd need to do much else.

If your talking about turning it full on into a Felony youd have to replace a ton of parts. If you're talking about turning your K6 into something that will tear up a parking lot and drift then you wont need to change nearly as much stuff. Tires/wheels, lower the ride height, change gearing, and maybe try and figure out a way to mount a wing on the front. Not sure youd need to do much else.
well i mostly mean just changing the width body and tires i dont need it to be a felony per say just a mean looking tire shredding on road car

well i mostly mean just changing the width body and tires i dont need it to be a felony per say just a mean looking tire shredding on road car
I have a feeling youd have to change a bunch of stuff but I can't say for sure. The big question in my mind is "will felony arms fit on the K6 chassis?". If not then you're looking at changing the chassis which means changing the bulk of the car. If they do fit then you could probably get away with what I said earlier plus arms and dog bones. Maybe a couple other misc parts.

I think the first thing I would do is order a set of Felony front & rear arms and see if they are going to fit. To me it seems like how much it will be feasible is mainly going to hinge on that.

Like Wolf said it be hard to fit one cars parts to a another frame.or be alot of custom parts to work. Almost be better to find a roller. Then build it the bad ass way you want it. Or like me find what you like and build it up out of parts.get the chassis and go from there. Can build anything. With all the parts out there. I've have done two in the past two yrs. Maxx 3.3 and a T/Emaxx brushless.just waiting on a few more parts. You can see it in here in "conversions anyone" or mash ups

so i'm thinking that the Arrma on road arms will fit on a Kraton seeing as the platforms are so close and I've seen people put the off road arms on on road cars like the limitless and honestly i kinda want it to kinda be a general drift car not a 1:1 scale Felony so i'll change the title and initial post if i can (i haven't tried on this website yet) but i wonder things like what driveshafts to use best gearing for smoking tires while drifting which is the main thing i wanna do and also would i have to get new shocks or could i somehow get away with the Kraton ones best tires and a cool body that would fit with the weird wheelbase but at this point would it just be cheaper to get a Felony?

so i'm thinking that the Arrma on road arms will fit on a Kraton seeing as the platforms are so close and I've seen people put the off road arms on on road cars like the limitless and honestly i kinda want it to kinda be a general drift car not a 1:1 scale Felony so i'll change the title and initial post if i can (i haven't tried on this website yet) but i wonder things like what driveshafts to use best gearing for smoking tires while drifting which is the main thing i wanna do and also would i have to get new shocks or could i somehow get away with the Kraton ones best tires and a cool body that would fit with the weird wheelbase but at this point would it just be cheaper to get a Felony?
You could probably do it but i suspect that it would cost ya half as much as a felony. If you did go the route of buying a felony you might want to consider the infraction instead cuz The felony while having a cool body has very specific tire sizes you have to use for the rear wheels so you can't just run like GRPs on it or anything like you can the infraction. That being said I bought the felony cuz of the body :)

You could probably do it but i suspect that it would cost ya half as much as a felony. If you did go the route of buying a felony you might want to consider the infraction instead cuz The felony while having a cool body has very specific tire sizes you have to use for the rear wheels so you can't just run like GRPs on it or anything like you can the infraction. That being said I bought the felony cuz of the body :)
I changed the front differential gears in my Felony to match the rear on this one. Cheap & simple. Now I can run all the same size tires.
20211113_182658.jpg