How does someone get to race for a company

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pit bull kinda guy

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
How does someone get to race for a rc company. When I graduate high school I want to do higher level racing

How does someone get to race for a rc company. When I graduate high school I want to do higher level racing
I've never done this but I presume you just get in contact with the company and ask if they'll sponsor you or something a long those lines.

People record their races or show up to all the bigger races and compete and get the attention of sponsors....its usually invitation but some people have submitted videos of the racing....

Being sponsored isn't all its cracked up to be.... Infact most don't like it because you HAVE to use their gear...its all fine and dandy if you use it already but that's rare.

People record their races or show up to all the bigger races and compete and get the attention of sponsors....its usually invitation but some people have submitted videos of the racing....

Being sponsored isn't all its cracked up to be.... Infact most don't like it because you HAVE to use their gear...its all fine and dandy if you use it already but that's rare.
Agreed, sometimes they might not have the best for what you're doing, and they can get quite picky with it...

Some companies will actually advertise if they have a spot on their team open. Team Tekin a couple years back did that on their facebook page and you had to fill out an application and submit all your accomplishments in RC racing and that kind of thing and they picked whoever they thought was best.

As others have said, start getting wins in local and regional events, and document that to add to your RC resume that you would send in to the company. Something else to be aware of that hasn't been mentioned is how you present yourself, since you would be a representative for the company. Do you handle defeat or problems and issues with class and poise, or do you blow up and pitch a fit about it? How you handle and present yourself is often more important to a sponsor that being on the podium every weekend.

As others have said, start getting wins in local and regional events, and document that to add to your RC resume that you would send in to the company. Something else to be aware of that hasn't been mentioned is how you present yourself, since you would be a representative for the company. Do you handle defeat or problems and issues with class and poise, or do you blow up and pitch a fit about it? How you handle and present yourself is often more important to a sponsor that being on the podium every weekend.
In this day and age they'll ask you to do things on social media and youtube too, so be prepared to not be camera shy.