How do you do a star pattern on 7 screw headlocks?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NurturantQuasar

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I’m struggling to get my beadlocks on perfect as there 7 screw and I’m not sure of the star pattern for a 7 screw. As you can see there on but not quite fully 100% perfect and I’m a perfectionist and it bothers me. I’ve tried multiple times going in as much of a star pattern as I can and it either slips of the bead or isn’t quite perfect like this. How on earth do I star pattern a 7 screw bead lock

image.jpg

If me, of the bottom two, go left. After the bottom left go diagnal upper right. After those 2, bottom right upper left. Next I guess bottom left, top, bottom right, finish in a circle?

Basically 630, 2, onto 5 10:45, onto 8:45 12 and then 330? Followed by a circle?

Maybe loosen the 3 around the out of round part and try reseating it on the center on out voth sides?

What brand beadlock?

Last edited:
Skip 2 or 3 staying with whichever you start with throughout the pattern. I always go as close to halfway as I can.
Untitled40_20210723084516.png

Last edited:
Just like if you were putting on a 1.1 scale vehicle. Always in a star 🌟 pattern. From one side directly across to opposite side. Slow and steady. Always try to keep even pressure on the ring. If tightened to much to one side. There's a chance that the ring will break trying to tightenthe other side.
Skip 2 or 3 staying with whichever you start with throughout the pattern. I always go as close to halfway as I can.
View attachment 130002
I love the 1.1 scale tiers. Scaled down for the RCs. Can't wait to get my crawler

Back