How do I SOA TRX4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Does anyone know or have done a SOA (servo on axle) on a TRX4? Someone told me I’d have to make it 4 Link how would i do that? Any help is appreciated also whats the best servo for the price (preferably $60 or less)

Why would you do that? People usually want to upgrade performance, not degrade

Does anyone know or have done a SOA (servo on axle) on a TRX4? Someone told me I’d have to make it 4 Link how would i do that? Any help is appreciated also whats the best servo for the price (preferably $60 or less)

I printed a mount off thingi and tried it. It might have helped a little with bump steer, which isn't really a concern when crawling. It did not improve any other characteristics in my use so I went to a forward mount honestly mostly because I hated the look of it on the axle and with no measurable performance gain it made no sense to use a part that I didn't like or really need.

I printed a mount off thingi and tried it. It might have helped a little with bump steer, which isn't really a concern when crawling. It did not improve any other characteristics in my use so I went to a forward mount honestly mostly because I hated the look of it on the axle and with no measurable performance gain it made no sense to use a part that I didn't like or really need.
interesting, I would think it would help to move some weight forward, as well as lower… helpful insight tho

Servo on axle performs better, but most people don't like it because it doesn't look as scale. The new Element Sendero Sport Edition has servo on axle and is getting really good performance reviews.

Printing your own mount sounds like an inexpensive solution, then you would only need to figure out the steering linkage…
As far as inexpensive servo, I have a 35kg Amazon servo was under $35 when I got it. I use it for the rear steer on our Capra. Which is coincidentally axle mounted…..

Why would you do that? People usually want to upgrade performance, not degrade
I’m going to be building it up to be a comp crawler and want the SOA because I can achieve more articulation and possibly lowering the center of gravity but highly doubt it will
interesting, I would think it would help to move some weight forward, as well as lower… helpful insight tho
Same thought
Servo on axle performs better, but most people don't like it because it doesn't look as scale. The new Element Sendero Sport Edition has servo on axle and is getting really good performance reviews.
Honestly I'm not trying to make a scale truck, this is a comp crawler, trying to get the most performance possible

I’m going to be building it up to be a comp crawler and want the SOA because I can achieve more articulation and possibly lowering the center of gravity but highly doubt it will

Same thought

Honestly I'm not trying to make a scale truck, this is a comp crawler, trying to get the most performance possible
Then you might want to take those shocks off there and go back to stock with some droop dialed in. Having a tall crawler isn't going to be at all competitive.