how do i make a simple jump for my truck please read

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_freak_123

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi its me again

i was just wondering how i would make a simple not massive jump

because i use a big brick and a bit of wood over the top of it but I'm tired of doing that like. its kinda shite in all honesty and ill bet u will agree with me

does any1 jump out there can any1 tell me how to make a proper jump ???

how do u make yours ??

thanks nitrofreak123

thats how most of us make jumps but if you want to make a bigger and better one there is a thread on how to make a moviable jump and that way you can use it anywhere also you have to describe how you want the jump do you want one that you can do back flipps with or one you can just jump

just jump mate i wouldnt know how to to a backflip

i run my savage off a plywood sheet layed on a sawhorse ...i can raise or lower the hight by pulling the sheet higher or lower on the horse

search.gif

Awesome 4U! Just awesome! I love it, of course the question is, will it work? Me thinks not.

EDIT: Question answered.....

LOL andy how could David haselhof and Gary Coleman be wrong...

there is a few threads floating around on here that explain how to make a curved ramp. click search at the top of the page and check it out.

i made a ramp from 1/2'' plywood and pegboard. Cut the sides of ramp from plywood to resemble a skateboard quarterpipe , 36inches total length, 24inches to top of take off ramp. so imagine the SLOPE , and 34inches wide(double truck width) put in three 2x4 braces at top of ramp...and 1 at each end on bottom. Someone has my camera or i'd take a picture.

my brother and i took out the revo,savage 25, and 2 jatos to the parkk today. We had a huge parking lot facing a school soccer field. Where the cement turns to grass, it rolls downhill for about 30feet and 4ft below the lot. I put my ramp there, we stood behind the ramp facing the car as it came towards us, and jumped over our heads. I'd say a good 8-11ft high and launching from 20-50feet depending on how fast we went. Only broke 1 shock on savage, rear a-arm on jato and same on the revo. after 3hours of this. it WAS AWESOME!!!!! there were 4 other guys there running jatos and savage X's who WOULD NOT even jump the ramps.i dont know why, probably didnt want to break the precious toys :D thats the whole fun. Speeding up and down a soccer field gets boring after 5mins.

I don't think those "skateboard" ramps from toy stores are wide enough...not for me anyway. You almost have to hit it perfect everytime, especially if you are hitting it with some speed. One twitch on the steering and you're off the ramp. I'd prefer something like BadKitty's.

I have one of them wally ones as well. I made some adjustable poles that slide out the bottom so she gets steeper. Works great. I think I paid $25 for it. (Its all hard plastic, so its completely weather proof)

Nitro I was refering to the search function. Up on the top left theres a search icon. Ya can click it and type in something and good chance its been asked and answered. Alot of good info for ya to sift threw.

nitro_freak_123 said:
hi its me again

i was just wondering how i would make a simple not massive jump

because i use a big brick and a bit of wood over the top of it but I'm tired of doing that like. its kinda shite in all honesty and ill bet u will agree with me

does any1 jump out there can any1 tell me how to make a proper jump ???

how do u make yours ??

thanks nitrofreak123

Heres a Tutorial I made

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38581&highlight=Ramp+Building+101

Waste did ya try er out yet? Should post up some pics of it in action! Id like to check it out! Thats a sweet ramp

VERY nice tutorial waste. thats exactly what i built. not as tall , but same thing. Even at 32 inches ( double width of revo ) its still had to keep it str8 enuff while running full speed at ramp. I can't count how many times i went spiral off side.

Now i wonder if a SPIRAL launch ramp would be wise to make ? or if thats just asking for stuff to break...lol. or how about a LOOP? ooooohhhh. I saw one in a video , but the guy hit it doing 40 but truck flew off other side str8 down into ground and split in half.

Ya, I use one of those wally world ramps also. I paid 20.00 for it at a sporting store though. It's pretty nice but I found me some 3 foot hills to jump now;) I need to build me a 3-4 footer one of these days but just don't have the time for it these days.

4u2nv said:
Waste did ya try er out yet? Should post up some pics of it in action! Id like to check it out! Thats a sweet ramp

Yeah itsa blast. Its raining so it might be a bit before pics. Also...I'm lookng to get a Savage...damn nitro bug got me

Back