How do I know when to stop when using LiPo batteries?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glynnc

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hey gang new to LiPo, on first run how do you know when to stop? think mine has failsafe or does it start to slow like nimh battery?

Do you have the manual for it. Should have the LVC rates in there. For the esc. Some are 3.5-3.2 NO lower then 3.0 thays pushing it..do you have a volt checker?? Or low volt alarm? YES you will see a drop in power of RC.

Oh no... another ESC that uses "auto" LVC (Low Voltage Cut-off) settings. You'll have to experiment with the settings for lVC and see what the packs cell voltages are after running. When the ESC stops the car from running anymore use some sort of cell checker/multimeter to check each cells voltages. You really dont want them lower than 3 or 3.2V/C when finished running.

The manual is Here. looks like it needs to be set to option 3 (medium) if you are running lipo batteries.
What the he🏒🏒 is with the low medium and high settings here it goes again Gwolf74. LOL 🤣🤣
You really need a volt checker 10-20$$ on Amazon bud

invest in a lipo buzzer .I have always used 1 from my 1st lipo and will sill today. some can be custom set others are set. as said above dont run below 3.2 volts doing so will shorten the life of the battery .