Hot Bodies lightning 2 rr receiver battery upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hepher88

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have recently dug out my hot bodies lightning 2 rr from when I was a kid and have set about getting it going again, I have replaced/upgraded a few peices but now need to do the battery pack for the receiver. Currently, it is powered by 4 AA batteries, what would be the best options on upgrading this please?

Welcome in @Hepher88 , the very first thing I would do is get rid of the 4 AA batteries. They are known to lose connection and cause a run away.
I use something like this. You might have to do a little soldering with the right connectors but they are easy to find.

battery.jpg

Welcome in @Hepher88 , the very first thing I would do is get rid of the 4 AA batteries. They are known to lose connection and cause a run away.
I use something like this. You might have to do a little soldering with the right connectors but they are easy to find.

View attachment 142870
That's brilliant thank you, I'm going to the rc shop later to get a new air filter so will enquire into what batteries they sell also. Silly question is it possible to buy a battery too powerful for the car?

The hobby shop should be able to fix you up with the correct battery. But the short answer is yes. The more cells a battery has, the more volts is has. You can go as high as you want on the mAh rating, as long as the battery fits in the car.

Thanks all, spoke to the guy in the shop and walked away with a 1600mAh 6v 5 cell battery, have to swap the connections over but looks like it will do the job nicely, and it fits in the housing so that's a bonus too

Thanks all, spoke to the guy in the shop and walked away with a 1600mAh 6v 5 cell battery, have to swap the connections over but looks like it will do the job nicely, and it fits in the housing so that's a bonus too
Did you get a charger with it or do you already have one? Can find the 6V receiver hump pack combo's on amazon that come with a low output wall charger.

Did you get a charger with it or do you already have one? Can find the 6V receiver hump pack combo's on amazon that come with a low output wall charger.
The guy at the shop sold me a charger separately to be honest, cost more than the battery did

Back