Hot Bodies D8T with M2C Electric conversion. Now with Vorza chassis.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 120830

Battery tray finally installed.
Center diff filled with 300k.
Spur changed to 48T, 50T was tagging the chassis and the wire retainer for the esc slightly, just enough to make an annoying noise.
Front and rear camber link ends and balls changed.
Changed front shock tower.
Attached front body mounts.
Have the rear body mounts ready to be drilled.

Things on to do list.
  • Change fluid in front and rear diff.
  • Change balls and steering link ends on steering links.
  • Install new front cvds.
  • Order some wheels/tires.
  • Decide on a body.
  • Order new front caster blocks because the current ones I don't think go to this truck. Not sure what truck they are for but the front cvds do not fit with the collars and dust boots on, the collars and stub axle rub on the inside of the caster block. The stub axles that are currently on it are different than the new ones as well so I don't think they are correct either.
Unknown stub axle on the left and new one on the right. The new one will rub inside the caster block as well.
View attachment 120829

Where the aluminum collar was rubbing on the caster block.
View attachment 120831View attachment 120832

I have a few choices for caster blocks.
Stock plastic ones for $13.75 https://www.amainhobbies.com/hb-racing-front-hub-carrier-set-10-hbs67386/p28245
Stock aluminum ones for $60.99 https://www.amainhobbies.com/hb-racing-aluminum-front-spindle-carrier-set-10-hbs67215/p150728
Hot Racing ones for $38.88 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing...066285&hash=item442ea0dfdd:g:XpkAAOSwqiJcAHdG
Integy ones for $5.75 https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=16568&p_catid=358#.Xi8-0mhKguU
Jet Hobby ones for $36.00 http://jethobby.com/_shop/product/product_detail.php?id=10444

I'm leaning more towards the Jet Hobby ones.
truck is coming along great it looks like, except for that hub carrier/castor block issue, very strange indeed.
i would be very curious the construction quality of the Integy unit for this specific piece, especially only being at around 6$ a set. their products definitely end up on very opposite sides of "Hit or Miss", some of their products, usually the non-quite as structurally demanding ones seem to work great, but others tend to fail with very minimal use.
i am curious though, all of the ones above have the little tab that stick out like the ones currently on it for the camber link to mount too, the other ones have a slot up there, is there supposed to be a little "tab" piece that you would need? or is the camber link supposed to mount in that "U" shape.

truck is coming along great it looks like, except for that hub carrier/castor block issue, very strange indeed.
i would be very curious the construction quality of the Integy unit for this specific piece, especially only being at around 6$ a set. their products definitely end up on very opposite sides of "Hit or Miss", some of their products, usually the non-quite as structurally demanding ones seem to work great, but others tend to fail with very minimal use.
i am curious though, all of the ones above have the little tab that stick out like the ones currently on it for the camber link to mount too, the other ones have a slot up there, is there supposed to be a little "tab" piece that you would need? or is the camber link supposed to mount in that "U" shape.
View attachment 120840
View attachment 120841
It's just 2 different designs, most of the aftermarket ones I find are like the stock plastic ones with the U shape, the optional HB Racing ones and these mystery ones use the top mount design.
This is from the description on Amain on the HB Racing upgrade ones "This part gives you more upper link adjustments with more mounting holes and by turning the ball vertical. A vertically mounted ball allows for infinite adjustment as you can add and remove shims to change the vertical geometry of your camber link."

So after deciding that I don't really need 2 swb monster trucks, I decided to order some parts.
Still waiting on the front shock tower and front turnbuckles.
20200414_195952.jpg

So currently the only problem I am having with the Vorza is the rear body mount is rather fragile. I need to figure out a way to make it stronger or to make one.

So currently the only problem I am having with the Vorza is the rear body mount is rather fragile. I need to figure out a way to make it stronger or to make one.
Anyone else with a Vorza have any ideas for the rear body mount? I keep breaking these things and I don't like having to buy the chassis brace set every time I break a body mount, I seriously have a stack of chassis braces laying around that I do not need now.

Back