Hot Bodies D8T with M2C Electric conversion. Now with Vorza chassis.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Found this for sale over on rctech for $150 shipped.
Complete roller with wheels and tires and a bag with random spare parts, I saw some a arms and axles in there.
Time to tear down and clean.

Last edited:
Nice! I’d say that’s a steal for $150 and it’s all decked out in aluminum. I’m looking forward to this build.

So far I have only gotten a little bit tore down, but it has the optional front and rear hubs, optional caster blocks, some sort of aftermarket suspension arm mounts(looks kinda like Hot Racing stuff) and the Ty Tessman cvds front and rear.
So far I need a rear shock tower, body mounts and the steering link that goes from the servo horn to the bellcrank.

Last edited:
As I was tearing this down I noticed that the front diff has straight cut gears and the rear has spiral cut gears. Both are 43/10 so they have the same gear ratio which is good. When looking around to see if I could find another spiral cut gear my searches all came up empty handed all I can find are the straight cut gears. Kind of a bummer but not really planning on running 6s so I doubt it will be an issue.

The spur gear will however be an issue it is fairly warn and in need of replacement, but I cannot seem to source one in the US. I am not sure what other spurs will work, maybe the Forza or Trophy buggy/truggy spur? I'm guessing this one should work https://www.amainhobbies.com/hb-racing-lightweight-spur-gear-50t-hbs109826/p250826

Last edited:
This is where I am so far. Still need rear shock tower, spur, esc, steering servo, steering servo linkage, servo horn and tires.
Test fitted a servo until my new one arrives. And my Turnigy 6s brick fits :whistle:
Everything is setup to the factory specs except ride height as I don't have a ride height gauge. The suspension is so smooth and best of all there is minimal slop in everything, my Outcast out of the box had more slop than this does with all these used parts on it. That is it for now.

Undecided on tires, not sure if I should get another set of Shockwaves or try some X-Cons. Need to make sure 3.8 wheels fit first.

Last edited:
I just remembered something, the HPI Vorza was based off the D8 and a lot of parts from the Vorza work with the D8. So score on that.

Now just need some opinions on tires.
Should I go with truggy tires or some mt tires?
Thinking maybe some X-Cons https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=DTXC3660
Badlands https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBVDW
Shockwaves https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDPBJ&P=7
Katars https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-Tali...:g:puYAAOSwy5Ja0sWw??USPSPriority!57701!US!-1

Last edited:
Wow, that cleaned up really nice...doesn’t even look like the same truck! I’d go with the Badlands...alone they look great but there is something about a low slung truggy with MT tires that looks awesome.

Wow, that cleaned up really nice...doesn’t even look like the same truck! I’d go with the Badlands...alone they look great but there is something about a low slung truggy with MT tires that looks awesome.
Thanks, tomorrow the shopping spree begins, I found a Hobby shop that has a ton of parts for the D8T.

What are you going to get?
Rear shock tower, steering linkage, spur gear, JX CLS5830HV servo, servo horn, T Bone Racing front and rear bumpers, Castle Creations Mamba Monster 2 Extreme, receiver, bearings, Proline Enforcer Body for the D8T, the last Vorza complete gearbox and diff that Jennysrc has, a few bottles of diff oil and some bulk screws.

? dang dude now that’s a list...she’s gonna be good and decked out for sure. I’m curious to see how you like that servo...

That thing is a steal at $150.00 RC Tech classifieds are great, used to be better back in the day though.

That thing can be a Kraton Killer
I hate trying to find stuff on there, the classified section on there is too busy and then you have guys that have 10 for sale threads for each item they have. It needs to be split into 2 sections, 1 section for parts and another for vehicles. One day I checked and there were no more than 10 pages of for sale ads from just that day.

I need to look back through my orders I am almost positive I forgot to order a servo ?

I hate trying to find stuff on there, the classified section on there is too busy and then you have guys that have 10 for sale threads for each item they have. It needs to be split into 2 sections, 1 section for parts and another for vehicles. One day I checked and there were no more than 10 pages of for sale ads from just that day.

I need to look back through my orders I am almost positive I forgot to order a servo ?

That’s just due the fact it’s (I think?) the busiest classifieds on any forum. It’s very reliable too, I’ve never had an issue that couldn’t be resolved but I haven’t used it in a long long time.

Back