HobbyKing Quanam Vandal i wrecked at a concrete skate park.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I finally got around to uploading my video of a HobbyKing Quanam Vandal i bought ARR a year or so ago, then ran for about 2 weeks, then used the brushless combo from an Exceed RC dift car, and ran it for about 8 months after that, then, one day i took it to a local concrete skate park and broke the front end, and parts are never available for it any more (no wonder i got it so cheap). I actually liked that car too. The video:

Well don't run in a concrete skate park. And you won't break your RC bud 😉👍🤣🤣🤣

Never heard of that one.. where's hobbyking from? Only found that they were founded in 05.. and what parts? Or you can only get them from hobbykind? Or is it a chinesium brand rc? And thays why so cheap? Not sure just wondering.. concrete always wins against RC car no matter what brand or who makes it. I'm sure there is parts out there for it some where... will look

Never heard of that one.. where's hobbyking from? Only found that they were founded in 05.. and what parts? Or you can only get them from hobbykind? Or is it a chinesium brand rc? And thays why so cheap? Not sure just wondering.. concrete always wins against RC car no matter what brand or who makes it. I'm sure there is parts out there for it some where... will look
Best i can describe HobbyKing, they are a rebrander, as in, they take a vehicle from a manufacturer, usually cheaper stuff, and rebrand it under the HobbyKing/Turnigy name. The Quanam Vandal in this video is/was sold in the UK as the FTX Vantage. As for parts for it, they havent been available, even in the UK, or any of the Chinese sites (Aliexpress, Gear Best, BangGood), for over 2 years. As for the skate park i broke the Vandal at, i have ran my DHK Hobby Raz-R BL and Hunter there many times, and the only thing i have broke on either one was one lower arm on the Hunter. It all depends on the quality of the RC.

Best i can describe HobbyKing, they are a rebrander, as in, they take a vehicle from a manufacturer, usually cheaper stuff, and rebrand it under the HobbyKing/Turnigy name. The Quanam Vandal in this video is/was sold in the UK as the FTX Vantage. As for parts for it, they havent been available, even in the UK, or any of the Chinese sites (Aliexpress, Gear Best, BangGood), for over 2 years. As for the skate park i broke the Vandal at, i have ran my DHK Hobby Raz-R BL and Hunter there many times, and the only thing i have broke on either one was one lower arm on the Hunter. It all depends on the quality of the RC.
You know what's the original branding of rc? I mean there's got to be some type or style that will work. Could always measure the arms or part and mount holes. Look for parts that way..👍👍

You know what's the original branding of rc? I mean there's got to be some type or style that will work. Could always measure the arms or part and mount holes. Look for parts that way..👍👍
The original was the FTX Vantage, that, as far as I know, was discontinued a couple years ago. As for the buggy in the video, I stripped it for parts for other buggies awhile ago.

The original car is a VRX RH1017 Spirit. The cars and parts are still being sold and are readily available on Aliexpress and Banggood as well as ebay. It is also currently sold in Europe and Australia as the FTX Vantage, and spares are readily available from hobby shops in those countries, but postage costs won't be cheap.

The original car is a VRX RH1017 Spirit. The cars and parts are still being sold and are readily available on Aliexpress and Banggood as well as ebay. It is also currently sold in Europe and Australia as the FTX Vantage, and spares are readily available from hobby shops in those countries, but postage costs won't be cheap.
For me, its not a big deal. I stripped that car completely, and now i dont even know what box half the parts are in. I even sold some of the parts, like the chassis, on eBay. I have several other buggies (DHK Wolf and Wolf 2, Arrma 3S hybrid I'm currently building, Redcat Tornado) that are way more durable, so i dont plan on ever buying another one of these.

Back