Hobby Store Painting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyBooty

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Do you guys think a hobby store would strip and repaint my rc car body if I paid them for the paint and a little extra for labor?

It would be cheaper to buy a new body if you can get one. Stripping a lexan body isn't fun, and typically leaves the body in worse shape than what you have now. It can be done, but it's a bit if a nightmare.

It would be cheaper to buy a quart of nitro fuel and rub it off every so often on a smoke break or the like so you don't kill yourself. All at once and your hands may hurt you.

If that's not an option, the above us the best advise.

You can also vinyl wrap it. Paying someone to wrap it will be cheaper then the paint issue too.

Below is a body I got factory painted. Nitro fuel and a qtip and light rubbing. More time consuming as the paint clogs the qtip.

Anything aggressive like a scotchbrite or Debbie pad is gonna do more bad then good.

20231028_073457.jpg

Not gonna happen I know guys that strip bodies that say its a waste .
paint a fresh body sure .a few stores did paint .you could pick their limited colors up to 5 each color over 1 added more cash to finial cost.

I’ve been able to strip a panel from my tenacity db body set, and it sucked. I was foolish painting translucent yellow then black. I was able to save it but using scotch brite and some chemical like acetone or something (I can’t remember) ended up turning the lexan cloudy. In the end it came out good, but if you put that panel next to one I got right on the first try you can see it.