Hobao Hyper 7 TQ Help.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meowzz

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
IMG_20160829_213321.jpg IMG_20160830_202919.jpg
So I picked up 2 nitro cars buggy and a truggy next to nothing. Specifically this hobao i'm wanting to know what the shaft is called that fits into the bearing on the piston rod.
I also would like to know if getting a different shape .21 backplate and another .21 shaft and place them on to the car is possible to fit more cheaper and available .21 pullstarts.

*note I only want to change the pullstart on it, because the hobao ones are expensive and the hex on the shaft is smaller then what the .21 engines usually have.*

The lower shaft would be the crank shaft. The one on top is a piston wrist pin.

I don't know about the pull start options but you could look into a Tiger Drive system as a possible lower dollar and ultimately a more reliable and lighter weight option.

The lower shaft would be the crank shaft. The one on top is a piston wrist pin.

I don't know about the pull start options but you could look into a Tiger Drive system as a possible lower dollar and ultimately a more reliable and lighter weight option.
No the piece in my hand that slides through the back plate in order to turn the piston over.
In my opinion Hobao are some of the most reliable companies when coming to Rc engines , apart from the infamous ofna engines :)

I'm pretty sure it's called a starter shaft

Just a heads up, that piece connects to the crank shaft when it goes thru the back plate.

Looks like your right thanks.
I have my truggy same sized engines I'm going to test it out
Yeah ik I have broken down and fixed many engines, it was just that one piece I needed the name for thanks.

Def post about how you make out. I'm sure other ppl would like to know too! Good luck!

Def post about how you make out. I'm sure other ppl would like to know too! Good luck!
Thanks will do.
I put my truggy backplate and starter shaft on and it all works : D
Now what I'm doing is making the pattern of the recoil on the original pullstart and putting the original parts back on very frustrating at the moment. :D :D

Just make sure your one way bearing is clean and lubed, working smoothly and in the correct way (sounds like it's all good) or you'll be taking it apart again! Doesn't sound like fun!!!:mad:

Back