Hobao Hyper 7 .21 or .28?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrMoody

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi All,

I am looking at buying myself a Hobao Hyper 7 as fed up with my Acme Condor Pro (Probably no surprise to some of you considering I feel like I'm polishing a turd everytime I fix it).

I have heard mixed reviews about the Mac star .28 engine for the Hyper 7 and most people prefer to go for the .21 8 port version. Now I know of course the .28 is going to use a lot more fuel but I have heard they are a disaster? Is there much truth in this?

Any information would be very helpful!

Thank you :)

Hi All,

I am looking at buying myself a Hobao Hyper 7 as fed up with my Acme Condor Pro (Probably no surprise to some of you considering I feel like I'm polishing a turd everytime I fix it).

I have heard mixed reviews about the Mac star .28 engine for the Hyper 7 and most people prefer to go for the .21 8 port version. Now I know of course the .28 is going to use a lot more fuel but I have heard they are a disaster? Is there much truth in this?

Back in the day ,the 4 port Ofna hyper 21 pushed a buggy pretty fast ,so I don't think that you can go wrong
with that .21 8 port ,they are pretty famous!

Hi All,

Some 21 engines mainly the Race ones but they have they low end you’d expect from a 28 with the high rpm of a 21, but I had the hyper 4 port back in the days of my Hyper 7 pbs. With the pink head, it weren’t a bad engine to be fair , I aslso had the 21. 8port with a Silver/grey head , less imoresssd with 8p that 4p .
In my opinion your better off going for new buggy the 7 has been around for some time ,
I was glad to get rid of it for the Hyper 8 pro with theSpider diffs n All. I moved into truggys before quitting a few years and coming back in Brushless .
The 7 has poor steering circle compared to some other buggy’s . And them RTR Hyper 7 are cheap . Buy a Nice Buggy Kit one time and build up the components slowly . Is my answer ??

Hi All,

Save yourself money and go with hyper 7 21 engine. There’s absolutely no point spending more for that 28 engine. If you would like you could get a higher end engine further down the line such as a novarossi s21p5xlt. That would kick the .28 ass.

Back